Interview PASSED !!

Ok, Now that we are past that point. What to Expect at the POE? Because she has a CR1 Visa, how long will it take for her to get her Permenant Resident Card? SSN Card? I guess this is something I will need to be proactive on, correct? I mean calling our buddies at the USCIS on a daily basis asking for updates, etc..

Dan

Recent topic same question answered here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=41818&hl=

As for POE,

• While on plane don't bother filling out an I-94 (Entry/Exit record), this is only for NON-Immigrants. Only need to do customs declaration form.
  • At POE will go through Immigrants/Visitor's line, not Citizen's/Resident's line unless directed to.
  • POE officer will take thumb print, and Immigrations packet, stamp passport with I-551 stamp and welcome to the USA, not many questions.
  • Proceed to Customs with baggage for inspection.

Well you should know the drill, not much different than a citizen returning to the USA other than the taking of fingerprints and immigrations packet.

Don't forget that nice brown envelope that is sealed.

Congrats!!!! Dan

I also did the CR 1. Once you check in at Immigration when she gets to the states. Her passport will be her temporary Green Card and then should receive within 30 days. The social security card she can get it right away. Then it is about a week or less and she will get it in the mail. I am happy for you both.

:D

Michael

Congrats!!!! Dan

I also did the CR 1. Once you check in at Immigration when she gets to the states. Her passport will be her temporary Green Card and then should receive within 30 days. The social security card she can get it right away. Then it is about a week or less and she will get it in the mail. I am happy for you both.

:happydance:

Michael

Michael;

Did they ask your wife any questions when she came in? I guess about a week after she arrives, I'll starting to call the USCIS about the Permanent Resident Card and also about SSN Card.

Thank You, just trying to find a decent fair for her. Seems as that is not going to happen. She lives in Guangzhou, so I think she will be taking a bus to Hong Kong Airport. More flights from Hong Kong to Seattle, but still about $1000.00 USD for a one way ticket this time of year. I am counting on her being here No Later than the 18th, I am trying for the 16th....

Dan

Congrats!!!! Dan

:happydance:

Michael

Michael;

Did they ask your wife any questions when she came in? I guess about a week after she arrives, I'll starting to call the USCIS about the Permanent Resident Card and also about SSN Card.

Thank You, just trying to find a decent fair for her. Seems as that is not going to happen. She lives in Guangzhou, so I think she will be taking a bus to Hong Kong Airport. More flights from Hong Kong to Seattle, but still about $1000.00 USD for a one way ticket this time of year. I am counting on her being here No Later than the 18th, I am trying for the 16th....

Dan

Have her call elong.com in China.

I got the best fare from them when my wife came here from GUZ to NY.