What's With Atlanta Anyway?

Just checked in on the old Atlanta Regional Center Processing timelines. Well, it just ticked me off more. I should know better by now. On November 14, they posted that they were processing AOS applications received on June 21, 2001. Well, as of December 15, they are now processing applications received on July 9, 2001. So, in about a little over a month they have made about a 18 day dent in the backlog. Now I am no math whiz, but it would seem to me that the already bottomless pit that is Atlanta BCIS is just getting deeper as the days go by. WTF are they doing over there anyway???? :blink: ;) :(

This is frightening. I have said before that KK, Jingwen's daughter, is 20 and must be adjusted before 12/04. GZ posted some info on the Life Act, but it seems that their view is that the Child Status Protection Act only applies to immigrant visas. Since the K-2 is considered a non immigrant visa, the Life Act probably won't help.

If Atlanta is just processing 2001 AOS applications, I'm not sure there are enough strings out there to help. I hope my congress person is good enough to expedite her AOS. ;)

It really is frightening Frank and frustrating as hell. If you want to keep track of their glacier-like progress for yourself, just go to the USCIS Homepage. Look down the right hand column and click on "Processing Times", follow the instructions, then read and weep. If one of the 9/11 hijackers had applied for AOS at Atlanta say in August 2001, they would not even have made to his petition yet. :P

BTW: Did you contact Owen about the status thing regarding your daughter? He had a similar problem and they screwed him over big time. He can tell you about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, fifteen days later and Atlanta is still processing applications received July 9, 2001. Same as they were on December 15. Must have had an extra long holiday. :D

At this rate we will get AOS interview sometime around the time our daughter enters middle school. And she is not due to be born until May 13, 2004.

I still wonder what they do in Atlanta. They make GZ look like a fast food restaurant. :angry: :( ;) :blink:

Mick,

Unless I am mistaken, they only update the BCIS Processing times site once a month, I believe on the 14th. Unless the 14th falls on a weekend, then the following Monday. The data from Dec 15 has not changed, and for the previous 3 months, since I have been checking, it has only been updated once per month. At least that is the way it has been with the SF District Office. Try checking again on Jan 14 or 15.

Good luck,

Carl

Mick,

Unless I am mistaken, they only update the BCIS Processing times site once a month, I believe on the 14th.  Unless the 14th falls on a weekend, then the following Monday.  The data from Dec 15 has not changed, and for the previous 3 months, since I have been checking, it has only been updated once per month.  At least that is the way it has been with the SF District Office.  Try checking again on Jan 14 or 15.

Good luck,

Carl

Yeah, I think they update it once during the middle of the month. Problem is, in November they were processing applications received June 26, 2001. In December, they were on July 9, 2001. 13 days progress in a month. All that means is the hole is getting deeper. I had heard horror stories about Atlanta prior to filing AOS but never knew it could be this bad.

At the moment, all I am worrying about is getting Irina HERE!!!!! Everything else comes later.

However, should I start worrying about the AOS? When Irina gets here, she will be studying in school, and maybe doing some workstudy, or I could get her onto EBAY (hopefully making money :P )

I was hoping to move back home to the Northwest this summer. Which office would be the easiest to file the AOS?

------ Clifford ------

At the moment, all I am worrying about is getting Irina HERE!!!!!  Everything else comes later.

However, should I start worrying about the AOS?  When Irina gets here, she will be studying in school, and maybe doing some workstudy, or I could get her onto EBAY (hopefully making money :P )

I was hoping to move back home to the Northwest this summer.  Which office would be the easiest to file the AOS?

------ Clifford ------

Just take it a step at a time Cliff. Get her here then worry about AOS. Not sure which office you would use in the northwest, but I expect Don would know as he is in the AOS stage now. The main offices down here are Atlanta, New Orleans, and a branch office in Memphis. All are famous for their lethargy in getting things done, especially Atlanta.

• 2 weeks later...
PDX is supposed to be a fairly fast office - something like 6 months or so for the conditional green card. I have heard, but did not due, the walk in to get an EAD on the spot. Our checks were cashed in early November and haven't heard anything since. They sent back the check for the fingerprints at the end of October.

Everything I've heard is that PDX is faster than Atlanta. Don't know where you would have to file where you are now.

From everything I have heard, a glacier is faster than Atlanta. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the USCIS status update for Atlanta office regarding AOS. On December 15, they were working on July 9, 2001. They updated yesterday. Still working on July 9, 2001. A whole month and not a lick of progress. It is beyond my comprehension. This indeed is another Black Hole. Folks who arrived around the same time we did already have their green cards or are at least scheduled for interviews. At the pace the Atlanta office is going, my daughter will be in college before we get AOS and she isn't due to be born for another four months. ;)