China has been removed from the "send to" pulldown menu...

=========

Notice of Xoom Service Cancellation to China

Starting June 18th, 2010, Xoom will be discontinuing our service to China. Any transactions that have been placed before this time will be processed as usual.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change in our service may cause you. We have made this difficult choice because while quality of service was good for many customers, we were unable to provide the magical level of service for all customers sending to China, to which we hold ourselves when we serve a market.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please send us an email through our Help Center at, or, call our Customer Service team at 877-815-1531 (within the U.S.) or 415-395-4225 (outside the U.S.). Our call center is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Sincerely,

The Xoom Customer Service Team

Western Union has thrived in China because of their arrangement with China Post, which, of course, is in every major city in China, as well as every minor city which has a post office.

I wonder what really has happened to cause them to stop their service with China? I never had a problem with them. Sure they took a little off the top on the exchange rate but for the amounts I was sending it didn't amount to a whole lot.

Western Union has thrived in China because of their arrangement with China Post, which, of course, is in every major city in China, as well as every minor city which has a post office.

I wonder what really has happened to cause them to stop their service with China? I never had a problem with them. Sure they took a little off the top on the exchange rate but for the amounts I was sending it didn't amount to a whole lot.

My guess is that it was simply too expensive for them to maintain their relationship with the Chinese financial institutions.

My guess is that it was simply too expensive for them to maintain their relationship with the Chinese financial institutions.

Make sense. Any ideas other than WU?

Unfortunately, the prevailing air currents are in the wrong direction. But you might try a bottle w/stopper. :lol: :lol:

If a message in a bottle is all there is, then someone needs to come up with a way to pay off the Chinese banks and provide this service online for people. Ya busy? :lol:

Unfortunately, the prevailing air currents are in the wrong direction. But you might try a bottle w/stopper. :lol: :lol:

If a message in a bottle is all there is, then someone needs to come up with a way to pay off the Chinese banks and provide this service online for people. Ya busy? :lol:

Not too busy to accept money! :lol:

Not too busy to accept money! ;)

You can use PayPal.

Or, Cuzzin Ord, just put the money in my bank account in the US and I'll transfer RMB into your wife's bank account in China. :)

Just seen this and it caught me by surprise, we've been using them

for awhile with no problems. Having the money deposited right into

my wife's bank account was a very convenient way to pay off

our mortgage.

Only used WU a few times awhile back, can you send directly to

a bank account with them? My wife would never trust her family

to deposit money in the bank for her, and she has good

reason for that :clapping: .

Just seen this and it caught me by surprise, we've been using them

for awhile with no problems. Having the money deposited right into

my wife's bank account was a very convenient way to pay off

our mortgage.

Only used WU a few times awhile back, can you send directly to

a bank account with them? My wife would never trust her family

to deposit money in the bank for her, and she has good

reason for that :clapping: .

No - they send only to agent locations. They are all over China, but someone has to go pick up the money.

Unfortunately, the prevailing air currents are in the wrong direction. But you might try a bottle w/stopper. :D :unsure:

If a message in a bottle is all there is, then someone needs to come up with a way to pay off the Chinese banks and provide this service online for people. Ya busy? :blink:

Not too busy to accept money! :rolleyes:

You can use PayPal.

Or, Cuzzin Ord, just put the money in my bank account in the US and I'll transfer RMB into your wife's bank account in China. :huh:

Thanks for the offer cuzzin Bill. ;) I was just informed that she has it rented and now she is on her way to rent her house in Jiujiang so this will be way more than enough so we won't need to send money to her account in China. I tells ya she is one heckuva woman!!

Unfortunately, the prevailing air currents are in the wrong direction. But you might try a bottle w/stopper. :rolleyes: :lol:

If a message in a bottle is all there is, then someone needs to come up with a way to pay off the Chinese banks and provide this service online for people. Ya busy? :)

Not too busy to accept money! :D

You can use PayPal.

Or, Cuzzin Ord, just put the money in my bank account in the US and I'll transfer RMB into your wife's bank account in China. :)

Thanks for the offer cuzzin Bill. :) I was just informed that she has it rented and now she is on her way to rent her house in Jiujiang so this will be way more than enough so we won't need to send money to her account in China. I tells ya she is one heckuva woman!!

He's lying, Bill. He don't trust ya. :roller:

;)

:)

Unfortunately, the prevailing air currents are in the wrong direction. But you might try a bottle w/stopper. :huh: :D

If a message in a bottle is all there is, then someone needs to come up with a way to pay off the Chinese banks and provide this service online for people. Ya busy? ;)

Not too busy to accept money! :D

You can use PayPal.

Thanks for the offer cuzzin Bill. :) I was just informed that she has it rented and now she is on her way to rent her house in Jiujiang so this will be way more than enough so we won't need to send money to her account in China. I tells ya she is one heckuva woman!!

He's lying, Bill. He don't trust ya. :roller:

;)

:lol:

Cuzin' Billy Bob, I want to use yore financial safety services. I have come into an unexpected fortune and want to keep it safely in China. I trust you fully and will reward you handsomely for this service. Please send me your bank name, your full name, and routing and account numbers on your account so I kin send all my money to you for save keepin'. :)

I await your PM with all the info on yore bank account. It will be great doin' business with ya, sir.

Nigerian tsap

tsap seui