Med exam in Fuzhou vs GUZ

I posted this a couple of hours ago but it disappeared????

IF we get our GUZ interview date we will need to get the med exam for my wife and daughter.

Our friend just did this for is wife at the Fuzhou hospital. They had to go to Fuzhou 3 times!!! They live in Xiamen as we do.

First just to get an appointment because it could not be made over the phone. Second for the exam and third time just to pick up the papers.

Cost in Fuzhou is 1200 RMB for an adult and 800 RMB for a child under 14.

Cost in GUZ is 800 RMB for an adult and 600 for a child.

For you that have gone to GUZ for the med exam, which hospital and can it be done in 1 or 2 days before the interview?

Thanks

Steve

Click on your member name, and then "Find Member's posts" under "Profile Options"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=555616

My wife had her exam/x-ray/3 shots done in three hours, on the 9th of June at the Fuzhou Hospital(the big one) on the 6th floor and she had to return on the 11th for the finished package. It was about 1,700 rmb. Tell your wife to take her original copies she got from the DOS.

We took the sealed package and the x-ray to Guangzhou for the interview. Good luck, y'all. ZZ

Med exams ad handled after P3 and before interview. "P3 ~ Interview" forum. Med exam is not a first step thing.

For you that have gone to GUZ for the med exam, which hospital and can it be done in 1 or 2 days before the interview?

My wife left for her medical around 10:30 AM. She went to the United Family Clinic and returned around 4:00 PM. Mr. Yang went with her and stayed with her during the whole ordeal. My wife received three shots: Varicella, MMR, and TD (price 440 RMB – Medical Exam 800 RMB – taxi from the Yang’s 12 RMB). She did make an appointment with them on the phone beforehand. At the end of the day, she had all medical forms needed for her interview. The above was taken my our thread documenting our time in Guangzhou during the week of her interview.

http://www.unitedfamilyhospitals.com/gzindex.asp

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry526766

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Like Kyle and his wife, my wife and I used the United Family Clinic in Guangzhou as well. This clinic offers same day results as part of their regular service. My wife had a 9:00am appointment and we were finished with results in hand by 1:00pm. I accompanied my wife to the medical and was very impressed by the efficiency of the entire process.

I should also mention that her medical exam was done on the Monday before her interview on Wednesday. I did not go with her because I wanted to attend ACH, and had to get some pictures developed before then.

I posted this a couple of hours ago but it disappeared????

IF we get our GUZ interview date we will need to get the med exam for my wife and daughter.

Our friend just did this for is wife at the Fuzhou hospital. They had to go to Fuzhou 3 times!!! They live in Xiamen as we do.

First just to get an appointment because it could not be made over the phone. Second for the exam and third time just to pick up the papers.

Cost in Fuzhou is 1200 RMB for an adult and 800 RMB for a child under 14.

Cost in GUZ is 800 RMB for an adult and 600 for a child.

Thanks

Steve

Steve;

We went to FUZHOU for our medical - and we only went once - and didn't have any of the issues that you mention. I was able to make the appointment on the phone - myself - and then we drove to Fuzhou - about 2.5 hours. We stayed at a nice hotel (can't remember the name) and then taxi'd over in the AM. Need to be there early and follow the rules for filling out the paperwork (both English and Chinese copies- they follow the rules as posted by GUZ). We were able - although we got there a little late - to have everything completed - with all paperwork in hand within 3 hours - including the 1 hour it took us to fill out the Chinese copies (which I had heard we didn't need). We then went across the street to the "Immunization Place" and got her an INternational Shot Card - and all requisite shots...at least the first series....(She had lost her medical records/cellphone - while being preoccupied with buying ears of corn in the park). When we went to GUZ - it gave us an opportunity to go to the ISLAND and get the second series of shots - so we were 2/3 of the way complete. The remaining shots were completed when she arrived here in Hawaii - while we got the medical verification of immunizations.....based on her K1 requirements. I wouldn't be afraid of going to Fuzhou - as stupid as I am - I was able to get both things accomplished - 1 trip - nice hotel stay - and what's more on the way back - I told my Jin I was tired of stopping along the Highway for Chinese snacks and food - I wanted a MCdonalds on the highway -- she never lets me have them...so she said...oh yea...if you can find one on the road we can stop.....well under the heading of " OLD and DEVIOUS will always win over Young and Sneaky" --- I had seen a "Golden Arches" sign on the way to FUzhou - and knew that it was on the return side of the Hwy - just short of Xiamen....bingo....about 3 miles later I pulled off - into the cleanest, newest Golden Arches you've ever seen......She couldn't believe it....and ATE THE BIG MAC and FRIES I got for her...(Of course like me...we always throw the piece of meat - without the cheese away...gosh you can get strange looks when you do that).

One more usefullllll tip for husbands of Chinese women - who don't eat meat. I always buy my "Whopper's/wCheese" - with a "HOLD THE MEAT" instruction. I get $1.00 off the price (Almost everywhere), it's custom made/fresh - and my Chinese WIFE THINKS it's HEALTHY...which now allows us/me to stop at BURGER KING!

Best of Luck...we will be in XIAMEN - probably around the 27th of Sep through the end of OCT.....would love to buy you dinner - if you can stand eating with a then...9 month old! Mike

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

My fiancee had her medical exam today in Shanghai. They told her to come back in a WEEK to get the paperwork, but we are in no rush. The only odd thing is they requested SIX visa photos?! She said in the documentation it only said 4 were required at the exam and 2 for the consulate. So they took all the photos she had made so she needs to go back and get 2 more copies... not sure what that was about...?

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)