P-2 Came Lightening Fast - What to Expect Next?

Well, I must say that I was really stunned by the speed with which I have just received my NOA 2 approval of our K-1 visa application from the Vermont Service Center. I had just settled in for the long wait in the trenches and expected to hear something back in about 4 to 6 months. However, our application was approved on June 9th - just 63 days from the time it was received by VSC!

Now, I am wondering what that could possibly mean for the rest of the application processing time. I have read just about everything I could in this form pertaining to the various waiting periods but I did not see too many that received their NOA 2's in just over 2 months.

Does anyone else have experience with the time frame from NOA 2 to interview with such a short NOA 1 to NOA 2 approval time? What do you think I can expect ... or I should say my lady has asked me to see what you think SHE can expect. Any thoughts?

Also, I know I read something here about the expiration date on some type of visa but for the life of me I cannot find it now. My question is this:

On the NOA 2 in the block that says, "Notice Type" it reads, "Approval Notice". It then goes on to say, "VALID from 06/09/2010 to 10/09/2010" ... What is this all about?

Are they saying that my lady should have her interview no later than 10/09/2010?

What happens if we have not received an interview date prior to the expiration date on the NOA 2?

We are all ready for the P-3 and are standing by for its receipt. However I would appreciate some clarification and thoughts on a projected time frame for the P-3, P-4 and interview date and ...

What does the expiration date of the NOA 2 actually mean?

I shall look forward to your thoughts!

Richard

Expiration on a K-Visa (I-129F) NOA2 means nothing, Guangzhou has the authority to extend the validity of the petitions and does so with ALL K-Visa cases because they rarely interview within the time-frame of the NOA2.

Look at my time-line below, our case was NOA1 - NOA2 in about 30 days.

One new thing is the time from leaving NVC to P3 being sent has been shortened from 3 months down to a month or so.

Well, I must say that I was really stunned by the speed with which I have just received my NOA 2 approval of our K-1 visa application from the Vermont Service Center. I had just settled in for the long wait in the trenches and expected to hear something back in about 4 to 6 months. However, our application was approved on June 9th - just 63 days from the time it was received by VSC!

Now, I am wondering what that could possibly mean for the rest of the application processing time. I have read just about everything I could in this form pertaining to the various waiting periods but I did not see too many that received their NOA 2's in just over 2 months.

Does anyone else have experience with the time frame from NOA 2 to interview with such a short NOA 1 to NOA 2 approval time? What do you think I can expect ... or I should say my lady has asked me to see what you think SHE can expect. Any thoughts?

Also, I know I read something here about the expiration date on some type of visa but for the life of me I cannot find it now. My question is this:

On the NOA 2 in the block that says, "Notice Type" it reads, "Approval Notice". It then goes on to say, "VALID from 06/09/2010 to 10/09/2010" ... What is this all about?

Are they saying that my lady should have her interview no later than 10/09/2010?

What happens if we have not received an interview date prior to the expiration date on the NOA 2?

We are all ready for the P-3 and are standing by for its receipt. However I would appreciate some clarification and thoughts on a projected time frame for the P-3, P-4 and interview date and ...

What does the expiration date of the NOA 2 actually mean?

I shall look forward to your thoughts!

Richard

Richard, congrats on the P-2. As you know, you have been dealing with the USCIS at this point...some cases take forever some are quick to getting their P-2. On our old K-1 case I had a NOA-1 date of November 1 and got the P-2 or NOA-2 on December 6....it took another 9 months to get to the interview (4 months, 122 days to be exact, of that with the case sitting in Guangzhou unopened or touched).

That expiration date....no need to pay attention to it, GUZ will update it automatically.

I would never try and give a time frame :D, other than to say it's ALL OVER THE PLACE :cheering: It will simply take what it takes. Only look at time frames as a rough, VERY rough, estimate.

You were lucky with the NOA-2. Good luck with a quick NVC trip (most of them are pretty quick, mine took 3 weeks for some reason) and good luck with the wait time to actually have the DOS to even take your case and physically open it up....once that's been done things generally go pretty quickly to your P-3 and then to the interview.

Happy trails, this time frame stuff will drive you crazy if you try and pay too much attention to it. We had some cowboy, ayup, on here that filed his K-1 app the same day I did, his fiancee's interview was in someting like 4 or 5 months from the time he filed....it was claimed he had low friends in high places....ayup :cheering:

tsap seui

Vermont Service Center has always been known for fast processing of K1 applications. This was not unheard of even when other centers were backed up making applicants wait almost six months. The rest of the process will go at normal speeds for your application as now all applications no matter what service center does the processing, follows the same route through NVC. Time lines have changed recently due to the changes they have made in processing, so I will let someone who has been through the process recently, tell you what to expect.

Yes, NOA 2 carries a expiration date of four months from the approval date. You don't need to worry though. It is normal processing for Guangzhou to extend the expiration date. It is at their discretion that they can and always do extend the expiration date to a time that works for them as they never used to be able to get the processing done this quick. The extension is automatic and you don't need to do anything to have them do this.

Thank you dnoblett, tsap and racer! Your words and thoughts are most welcome and very assuring. The support from the fellow members here is one of the best things about this site. Even when you think you are as prepared as you can possibly be, a reassuring word from a friend can make all the difference in the world for peace of mind. You guys are the best! Thanks again!

I will be not only be glad to add the update with our interview date here but will really be looking forward to it! Thought MY turn around time was fast ... but you and dnoblett buried me! I'm guessing November for the interview. What's your thought?

I will be not only be glad to add the update with our interview date here but will really be looking forward to it! Thought MY turn around time was fast ... but you and dnoblett buried me! I'm guessing November for the interview. What's your thought?

Honestly, I have been doing some extensive research. I have been looking at the time frames and years people have had their K1 push through. Comparing how long it has usally taken, I have been mostly looking at 2009-2010 petitions.

I think with the current economy, less people are filing for visa's. I honestly think my girls interview will be in September-October. The only real hang up that is unforseen is documentation clearing customs. That is what can make you or break you imo.

You can really get a better idea once she recieves the P3, it looks like the interview date is a month after she send its in.

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)