Trip to Canada

I am planning a trip to NY to visit family and while we are there I would like to take my wife to see Niagara Falls. I remember some posts about traveling to Canada but don't remember the particulars of the post in regards to neededing a visa for my wife or not. She has her 2 year green card.

Any insight that anyone can give me would be helpful.

Thanks,

No visa required for gc holders. Just take her passport and greencard.

My wife and I have been to Toronto multiple times since sh got green-card, no visas.

When we cross on ground by car, I simply hand my passport and wife's green-card to Canadian and American customs in either direction.

However if by commercial transport like Bus or Plane, then wife will also be required to show Chinese Passport.

If possible you might want to check out Toronto. It has the best Chinatown that we have been to (also been to NYC and Chicago). If I remember correctly, its about an hour and a half drive from the falls.

If possible you might want to check out Toronto. It has the best Chinatown that we have been to (also been to NYC and Chicago). If I remember correctly, its about an hour and a half drive from the falls.

Yep, my Wife loves the old downtown one, there are at least 5 China towns around Toronto.

More: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37849

Yep, my Wife loves the old downtown one, there are at least 5 China towns around Toronto.

More: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37849

Thanks Dan and Brian.

I will look into that as I really want this to be special for her........with two teenage boys in our house it is more then a full time job for us so time away for just the two of us I want to make extra special for her.

It has been almost two years since she has arrived here and my only regret is that we didn't meet years before so that we could have more years together.

Thanks Dan and Brian.

I will look into that as I really want this to be special for her........with two teenage boys in our house it is more then a full time job for us so time away for just the two of us I want to make extra special for her.

It has been almost two years since she has arrived here and my only regret is that we didn't meet years before so that we could have more years together.

My Yu is in China at the moment until mid July, if you are thinking of visiting the falls sometime in August perhaps could meet up.

Thanks Dan and Brian.

My Yu is in China at the moment until mid July, if you are thinking of visiting the falls sometime in August perhaps could meet up.

Thanks Dan and Brian.

Dan,

We will be there in June....actually next week. I can do you one better then the falls as you may recall I am from Hilton so we will be very close to you while visiting family. Maybe we can meet around that area.

We will be there a few days and then on to the Adirondack mountains for a few days to visit a place where my family used to go for summer vacations each year. It is a place that captures your heart and people who vacation thier return year after year. It is a fourth generation family that owns it.

Here is the link for anyone looking for a quiet place to relax....

http://www.morningsidecamps.com/

After that if time permits we will go to visit our son in Boston who is attending summer school at Harvard.

A busy vacation but it will be great for Tai Tai to see more of the USA so I am really excited to go.

Green Cards are probably not affected by this, but apparently, Canada is getting tougher with those carrying PRC passports flying into Canada, and in this case, with a US student visa. I just put a lad on the plane (Canada Air) yesterday, (from Portland) back to China through Vancouver----and before he could leave----a week ago he had to fly to Canada---to get a transit visa for the trip (he only had a 3 hour layover in Vancouver)----can't for the life of me, figure that one out...

Green Cards are probably not affected by this, but apparently, Canada is getting tougher with those carrying PRC passports flying into Canada, and in this case, with a US student visa. I just put a lad on the plane (Canada Air) yesterday, (from Portland) back to China through Vancouver----and before he could leave----a week ago he had to fly to Canada---to get a transit visa for the trip (he only had a 3 hour layover in Vancouver)----can't for the life of me, figure that one out...

Yep if you are not a US Permanent Resident (Green-Card holder) then a transit visa is needed for canada.

Is a problem for K-Visas too, so avoid connections in Canada if you are a NON-Resident.

Yep if you are not a US Permanent Resident (Green-Card holder) then a transit visa is needed for canada.

Is a problem for K-Visas too, so avoid connections in Canada if you are a NON-Resident.

Yeah, I got burnt to the tune of about $500 on that! :angry:

The lad's 'savings' for booking Air Canada, were more than wasted in the air trip to Canada the week before, the cost of the visa, and the unbelievable hassle.. This from a very talented U of O student who used to speak very highly of Canada..... this might be one sharp Chinese immigrant the US ultimately gets..