Modified I-129f to accept Chinese

I had modified the I-129F PDF form to accept Chinese characters on line 17 where it asks you for the fiancee name and street address in native alphabet. I didn't think that the consulate staff would be able to read my awful Chinese handwriting. I've gotten a few requests for it so I ended up posting it in the Resources section on the K1K3 site.

Just a heads-up for folks.

Jerry

Good,

Actually, last night I had a horrible time with the DS-230.

Apparently I had filled out the "old" version (2001) earlier, and realized that I had better send the new version (2004) otherwise there might be trouble. I just hope the interview doesn't come after the expiration date for the "new" forms.

The only copies I could find of the "new" version were all locked so I could neither type in cyrillic, nor paste in my JPG for Irina's name. I managed to find software that would unlock page 1, but not page 3.

I have been working on converting some of the INS forms to MS Word format. The main reason for this is to give people editing and saving choices. I have the I-129F about 2/3 finished, and the g-325a about 90% completed (sorry, no links between fields on pages 1-4 on the g-325a as of yet).

I found a few copies of the DS-230 in HTML format (with Spanish translations) and a few other documents, these should be easy to convert back to Word and clean up.

As far as Locked vs Unlocked.... I will probably distribute my forms as unlocked, with the request that they not be sold for commercial usage.

Keep an eye out for the forms.

----- Clifford -----

I had modified the I-129F PDF form to accept Chinese characters on line 17 where it asks you for the fiancee name and street address in native alphabet.  I didn't think that the consulate staff would be able to read my awful Chinese handwriting.  I've gotten a few requests for it so I ended up posting it in the Resources section on the K1K3 site. 

Just a heads-up for folks.

Jerry

That's great Jerry. Although I have posted it before, I'll do so again for any newbies. Having that address in Chinese characters is essential. Even though we had it on our original forms, GZ claimed we didn't and sent our P3 to my stateside address (I was living in China at the time). This caused a five week delay and landed us in the now famous Black Hole. Again a message to all: Don't forget the address in Chinese characters.