Question on I-131 AP

Hey,

I do not need to file I-131 AP if my Wife and I do not plan on going overseas for awhile correct? Saves me some paperwork.

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

Correct!

I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP) are optional things.

They can always be filed later if you decide for work auth or re-entry from a trip. Interim benefits while AOS is pending.

In our case we did not file I-765 or I-131, and simply waited for green-card before bothering looking for a job or traveling out of the USA.

I'm not sure how much it'll help. At the same time, I doubt it'll go against you either (unless you submit conflicting information). Go for it.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Thanks Dan..One more question. Is a cover letter needed? Do you think it would improve chances for approval?

No, All a cover letter is for is to indicate what the package IS and list the contents of the package, it helps prevent something from getting lost.

• Mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the nature of the submission. Example: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION - BRIEF FOR AN APPEAL - RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - etc.

• Use the appropriate mailing address and mark both the envelope and the cover letter as to the form type. Example: I-129; I-130; I-690; I-698, etc.

• If evidence is being submitted in support of a previously filed appeal or motion, a cover letter stating "BRIEF FOR APPEAL", etc., should be placed on top of the packet.

• If you believe your situation to be unique, explain it fully in an attachment to the packet, not as a cover letter.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Note more at the above quoted link about packaging and preparing a submission.

Sample cover-letter: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Cover_..._for_I-129F.doc

Thanks Dan! Got one more question. On the G-325A, under,

If your native alphabet is other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below:

Should I have my Wife write her Chinese name? or just sign every sheet in English?

Also I need to make 4 identical copies right?

Do you guys organize your forms in folders or how do you guys prepare your forms before mailing? Unless told so I would probably put everything in a Priority Mail Envelope and mail it : )

Thanks

Thanks Dan! Got one more question. On the G-325A, under,

If your native alphabet is other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below:

Should I have my Wife write her Chinese name? or just sign every sheet in English?

Also I need to make 4 identical copies right?

Do you guys organize your forms in folders or how do you guys prepare your forms before mailing? Unless told so I would probably put everything in a Priority Mail Envelope and mail it : )

Thanks

Wife writes name in Chinese Characters.

She can sign form using Roman Characters "Pin Yin"

At the top of form Name can be married name, and "Other Names Used" is for maiden name.

Only one page, G-325A form use to be a for page document, however USCIS has reduced it to just a single page, so only one page is needed, NOT 4.

Pretend you are sending I-485, I-131, and I-765 as separate mailings and package the I-485 with its supporting docs, perhaps using a ACCO clam to hold it together. Do the same dor the I-765 and docs, and I-131 and docs. Then package all together and send to the Chicago PO box specified by I-485.

Do not share any thing between the applications, so 2 passport pics needed for each application, as well as photo copies of things like the I-94 card.

Lastly, DO NOT send them any original docs, simple photocopies are fine, they also DO NOT need to be "Certified" either.

I'm sorry Dan or anyone else. I am just slow at this stuff. Did you say my Wife can sign her chinese signature on all the applications? What we are submitting are I-485, I-765, G-325A, I-864.

I-485, G-325A gives you a change to Sign then Print Full Name.

(Signature in Chinese? and Print Full Name in English?)

I-765 only Signature

(Signature in Chinese?)

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

I'm sorry Dan or anyone else. I am just slow at this stuff. Did you say my Wife can sign her chinese signature on all the applications? What we are submitting are I-485, I-765, G-325A, I-864.

I-765 only Signature

(Signature in Chinese?)

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

She should sign her normal signature, whether in Chinese or in pinyin.

She may find it the path of least resistance to adopt a pinyin signature.

Printed name should be pinyin.

I-765 only Signature

(Signature in Chinese?)

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

I aways say a signature is a person's mark, she signs in any way that she is comfortable with. Can be Chinese characters or pinyin.

I-864 is signed by sponsor YOU, not by the applicant, your wife.

Note: a Chinese name is Chinese, it may be written using roman characters (Pinyin) or Chinese Characters, it is not "english"

Hi again,

Do I need 2 different G-325a's? One for my Wife and me? If I create a Cover letter am I to assume my Wife is the one writing the cover letter and she signs her name on the cover letter not me?

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

Hi again,

Do I need 2 different G-325a's? One for my Wife and me? If I create a Cover letter am I to assume my Wife is the one writing the cover letter and she signs her name on the cover letter not me?

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

Just one, because I-485 is a application not a petition, it is your wife who is applying to adjust her status, not you, so your wife provides a G-325A, not you.

Yes again your wife is applying to adjust her status, so she signs any and all applications, and the cover letter. Only thing you are signing is the I-864 or I-864EZ because you are the sponsor.