Hi everyone, 1st time posting here. my wife's P4 left NVC on may 20th and i guess we still have a while to wait before GUZ send out her interview date letter, i plan to go back and go to guangzhou with her.

my question is can i go inside with her during the interview? like up to the window. thanks!!

ps. this site is great, loving it!

Hi everyone, 1st time posting here. my wife's P4 left NVC on may 20th and i guess we still have a while to wait before GUZ send out her interview date letter, i plan to go back and go to guangzhou with her.

my question is can i go inside with her during the interview? like up to the window. thanks!!

ps. this site is great, loving it!

Welcome to CFL!

Nope, if you have been reading past interview posts, only the beneficiary is allowed into the consulate, you can wait one floor below in the cafe drinking expensive coffee. :coffee1:

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Note, you may be able to find out interview date by calling DOS Visa services in the states.

(202) 663-1225

Some countries allow you to interview with the beneficiary, unfortunately, China is not one of those countries. I asked the VO at ACH about this and he said that because of China's large volume of applicants, time would not permit the petitioner and beneficiary to be interviewed together. As Dan, had already mentioned, there is the coffee shop close-by, however, they are extremely proud of their coffee (it's expensive). I went in there for a minute, and you could cut the tension with a knife! Instead of waiting there, I strolled across the street to the Starbucks where the atmosphere was a little more relaxed and the coffee was considerably cheaper - not to mention they also have free wifi. Good luck!

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Note, you may be able to find out interview date by calling DOS Visa services in the states.

(202) 663-1225

hi thx guys for replying, guess ill just hang around outside for a while hehe.. btw is NVC the one schedule our interview or GUZ?

NVC just does the state side processing. GUZ does the scheduling, DOS Visa Services can access the scheduling system and let you know the date of interview.