How many days to receive visa?

I wanted to double check something. Assuming that the interview goes well, how many days after the interview can you pick up the visas at the post office? It seems several years ago it took two days. Do you pay the fee to the consulate or the post office? My husband and I really can't remember how this part worked at all.

Thanks!

Edited by Katrina (see edit history)

2-3 days unless additional processing is required.

I have seen a few cases where you get stuck waiting longer.

Best option is if your parents live in a city where the consulate will mail to, then have it mailed to home instead of the post office.

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China is pleased to announce that starting October 12, 2009, visa recipients from Beijing, Shanghai, Fuzhou, Changle, Nanjing, Wenzhou, Tianjin, Shenyang and Changchun will now have the option of the Consulate mailing the visas directly to the recipient's home address via China Post. This service will continue to be available to applicants from Guangdong province. Visa recipients also still have the option of picking up their visas in person at the designated China Post Junyuan Office, located at No.155 Tianhe Dong Road, Guangzhou.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...hout-china.html

My wife paid the fee directly to the post office inside the consulate. It was 35 RMB. This is the fee to have it mailed inside guz. city limits. We mailed ours to the yangs who then repackaged it and mailed it to is in wuhan using ems. The yangs charged 300 RMB for this service. They are not associated with the consulate or China post. We had no issues doing it this way

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Hi Katrina,

I've tried to find an exact answer for you, but I was unable to. The pink sheet that Jingjing received at the time of her interview only states the following information concerning fees:

Passport pickup: 20 RMB

mailing inside GUZ city limits: 35 RMB

mailing inside Guangdong: 50 RMB

The pink sheet states that it'll take four working days after payment to get the passport mailed to an address within Guangdong, so I would expect that it may take a little longer than that to mail to another province.

You might try giving Ant & Lu a PM. I believe she had her passport mailed to one of the cities that USCONGUZ delivers to. She might be able to give you a better idea of what to expect.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=38903

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)