Question about P3

Hi CFL,

I DCF'd the I-130 on April first, and P3 just arrived in the mail about a week ago. I have a few questions about P3, and was hoping someone here can be of help.

I am going to use my father as a co sponsor, since I do not meet the 125% poverty guide line. My father will fill the form out and it will include his tax transcripts, pay stubs, etc. Can they all be faxed over to me, or will he have to mail them to me?

When I receive, my fathers I-864, and am done with mine, will I have to mail GUZ 2 forms of the I-864? Our names are exactly the same will it cause any confusions for GUZ? Even our Middles names are the same.

I am preparing to send GUZ, I-864 mine, I-864 fathers. (including the additional supporting documents such as tax records, etc).

2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

Completed and signed form DS-230, Part 1, by the beneficiary

Completed and unsigned form DS-230, Part 2

Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary

Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and me

Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

Is there anything else I might be missing? I am planning on EMS'ing all the doc's to GUZ by next week.

Thanks

Your wife is going to take your I-864 and your father's I-864 with her to her interview. We just finished going through the DCF process as well. Although you guys have the same name, obviously, you'll have different SSN's so they'll be able to figure it out.

With P3, you don't mail in anything except what is stated on the OF-169 (see below). She'll hand carry all of that stuff in with her during her interview (including the I-864 forms). Our joint sponsor mailed them to us.

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169) together with a copy of the bio page of your current passport. Obtain the following documents on this checklist that pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office except for the Mailing Address Label, as we will have to destroy them. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit these forms.

This is everything we took to Guangzhou.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=536147

OF-169

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho...0-Apr_%2010.pdf

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Hi CFL,

I DCF'd the I-130 on April first, and P3 just arrived in the mail about a week ago. I have a few questions about P3, and was hoping someone here can be of help.

I am going to use my father as a co sponsor, since I do not meet the 125% poverty guide line. My father will fill the form out and it will include his tax transcripts, pay stubs, etc. Can they all be faxed over to me, or will he have to mail them to me?

When I receive, my fathers I-864, and am done with mine, will I have to mail GUZ 2 forms of the I-864? Our names are exactly the same will it cause any confusions for GUZ? Even our Middles names are the same.

I am preparing to send GUZ, I-864 mine, I-864 fathers. (including the additional supporting documents such as tax records, etc).

Is there anything else I might be missing? I am planning on EMS'ing all the doc's to GUZ by next week.

Thanks

The I-864 is brought to the interview I don't believe you mail anything to GUZ other than DS-230 and OF-169.

Your father can scan and send to you now however it is best to have the original one in hand for the interview, more than likely this will be placed in the immigrations packet to be given to USCIS and they will want an originality signed copy.

On your I-864 simply indicate that you are a "Jr" John Doe Jr. But the different SSN and other ID info like IRS returns should eliminate any confusion.

Again all that you need to mail back to GUZ is DS-230 part 1 and OF169 per the directions on form OF-169.

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169) together with a copy of the bio page of your current passport. Obtain the following documents on this checklist that pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office except for the Mailing Address Label, as we will have to destroy them. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit these forms.

Your wife is going to take your I-864 and your father's I-864 with her to her interview. We just finished going through the DCF process as well. Although you guys have the same name, obviously, you'll have different SSN's so they'll be able to figure it out.

With P3, you don't mail in anything except what is stated on the OF-169 (see below). She'll hand carry all of that stuff in with her during her interview (including the I-864 forms).

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169) together with a copy of the bio page of your current passport. Obtain the

following documents on this checklist that pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office except for the Mailing Address Label, as

we will have to destroy them. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit these forms.

This is everything we took to Guangzhou.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=536147

Ah, so I only send back to GUZ the DS-230 and form 169 for P3? I keep the I-864 forms, until the interview?

Thanks

Hi CFL,

Thanks

The I-864 is brought to the interview I don't believe you mail anything to GUZ other than DS-230 and OF-169.

Your father can scan and send to you now however it is best to have the original one in hand for the interview, more than likely this will be placed in the immigrations packet to be given to USCIS and they will want an originality signed copy.

On your I-864 simply indicate that you are a "Jr" John Doe Jr. But the different SSN and other ID info like IRS returns should eliminate any confusion.

Again all that you need to mail back to GUZ is DS-230 part 1 and OF169 per the directions on form OF-169.

Ok I understand now. Thanks a lot for all your help! : D

Moved this to P3 - Interview forum.

I have a silly question, that I don't understand >_<

On the from OF-169, Mailing address label it says

Please get an EMS label from the China Post office and fill in the information required on the label (note: please write “Immigrant Visa Unit, American Consulate Guangzhou” in the sender’s Company Name box, and write “No. 1, South Shamian Street, Guangzhou 510133” in the Address box). Then return the label, together with the forms DS-230 and OF-169, to the Consulate. This address label will be used to send you the appointment packet.

What address am I to write in the receivers box? I figured the senders address would be mine, and the receiver would be the address mentioned above? Also could the address be written in Chinese?

Why can't the directions from GUZ be idiot proof?! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Edited by reliable (see edit history)

Please get an EMS label from the China Post office and fill in the information required on the label (note: please write ¡°Immigrant Visa Unit, American Consulate Guangzhou¡± in the sender¡¯s Company Name box, and write ¡°No. 1, South Shamian Street, Guangzhou 510133¡± in the Address box). Then return the label, together with the forms DS-230 and OF-169, to the Consulate. This address label will be used to send you the appointment packet.

What address am I to write in the receivers box? I figured the senders address would be mine, and the receiver would be the address mentioned above? Also could the address be written in Chinese?

Thanks

You should fill out the label as follows:

From: (senders) The Consulate in GZ........write in English

To: (receivers) Your address in China where you will get the appointment package in the mail.............write in Chinese

They are using this as a mailing label to send to you your appointment package.

Please get an EMS label from the China Post office and fill in the information required on the label (note: please write ¡°Immigrant Visa Unit, American Consulate Guangzhou¡± in the sender¡¯s Company Name box, and write ¡°No. 1, South Shamian Street, Guangzhou 510133¡± in the Address box). Then return the label, together with the forms DS-230 and OF-169, to the Consulate. This address label will be used to send you the appointment packet.

Thanks

You should fill out the label as follows:

From: (senders) The Consulate in GZ........write in English

To: (receivers) Your address in China where you will get the appointment package in the mail.............write in Chinese

They are using this as a mailing label to send to you your appointment package.

Exactly .. see the bolded statement in your post.