Chairman Mao's Underground City

Looking at the numbers, hard for me to figure how they got 78 million dead under Mao---- the famines between 1958---61 account for a broad figure, liberally applied, of 30 million. Policy was horrible, but there were also drought conditions during those years. But where are the other 48 million?

The Cultural Revolution... :ph34r: But seriously if I stick just to the facts I may not be elected Mr Cultural Sensitivity... :P so I'll just tell y'all what Thomas Jefferson said to me one day... :blink:

When the people fear the government there is tyranny...When the government fears the people there is freedom... :D

Guest Tony n Terrific

Looking at the numbers, hard for me to figure how they got 78 million dead under Mao---- the famines between 1958---61 account for a broad figure, liberally applied, of 30 million. Policy was horrible, but there were also drought conditions during those years. But where are the other 48 million?

The Cultural Revolution... :ph34r: But seriously if I stick just to the facts I may not be elected Mr Cultural Sensitivity... :P so I'll just tell y'all what Thomas Jefferson said to me one day... :blink:

When the people fear the government there is tyranny...When the government fears the people there is freedom... :D

Right on!

The Cultural Revolution... :D But seriously if I stick just to the facts I may not be elected Mr Cultural Sensitivity... :P so I'll just tell y'all what Thomas Jefferson said to me one day... :baby:

And I see China and the USA moving in the opposite directions on this statement.... :unsure:

I think the stats are similar to the ones regarding number of prosititutes in China --- they are all over the map and depends on how you define "killed under ...". The numbers I see have 78MM on the high side with 20MM on the low side. Take the average ... 49MM