Is it time to esculate my case?

Hello Everyone,

As you all know, I have been stuck in

Additional Administrative Processing in Moscow for 3 1/2 months now.

As far as I know, there is absolutely no end in site......

I am now at 11 1/2 months into the process overall, with the application being stuck in Moscow for 3 1/2 months already (as mentioned). I assume that I am at least 2 months from the interview. There has been no P3/P4 issued. As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing has happend with my case.

From looking at the interview schedule, I get the impression that many people have passed me by quite a bit (although there may be a few people who have already waited longer than me).

Am I just being impatient? Should I just patiently wait longer? Is it just a matter of time to wait for my P3/P4, or is there anything else that I can do?

I've already contacted 2 congressmen. Both have received the exact same response that I have been given (additional administrative processing), and the case hasn't budged.

Anybody know who the equivalent of "Linda Donahue" is in Moscow, or how I could get in touch with that person?

Who else should I call or write a letter to?

Is there a difference between contacting one's congressman and getting a "Conressional Inquiry"?

Thanks,

Clifford Keele

It seems to me it is time to start complaining loudly to anyone that will listen. Try the senators too. Make a pest out of yourself. Call the consulate until they recognise your voice. Email them daily. I know of other cases in Russia where they have sent P-3 and scheduled an interview date as soon as the petition cleared NVC

Hello Everyone,

As you all know, I have been stuck in ....

Clifford,

At first I sent a letter to my congressman, I did get a response from the liason who called the NVC on my behalf. She gave me the same canned response I got.

A few weeks later I sent a well written letter that was short and to the point. I mentioned that I am a natural US citizen, that I have been paying taxes for over XYZ years and that something must be amiss. Then I officialy requested a "congressional inquiry". Lastly I closed the letter thanking them in advance and noting I would follow up in 10 days.

The result was an approval (from the NVC) in 9 days, interesting timeline huh? So in my case there was a difference when I specifically requested the "inquiry".

Louis

Call the consulate until they recognise your voice.

Russia has changed to a 1-900 service (or something like that). It is about $1 / minute to talk (and perhaps also to wait on hold). And, I don't even think the calls are handled by the embassy, but rather by a subcontractor.

Of course, I have control over whether or not 1-900 numbers can be called by anybody at work :D...... Unfortunately, I think it might look suspicious if they started showing up on the bill :(