We're so F'n blue

Cool story Jeff, thanks for sharing it. :) You met the one you were "supposed" to meet, sometimes life's journeys have many curves and roundabouts that must be negotiated to get to our destinations. ;)

I wish you both the best in this.

tsap seui

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife interview in HK, and everyone came out with a blue sheet. so is not uncommon. don't know if they are back log or not. but my wait time is now at 6 months.

I have had the congressman email them .. but they gave them the same answer as i did every month when i inquired about the status.

They keep telling me my case is very complicated, but they did indicated that our relationship is real.

so hang in there just like me. i have been trying for almost 4 years now.

One thing i don't understand is that when they say my K1 is expired, why can't they just tell me why it was denied.

Edited by benc (see edit history)

My wife interview in HK, and everyone came out with a blue sheet. so is not uncommon. don't know if they are back log or not. but my wait time is now at 6 months.

I have had the congressman email them .. but they gave them the same answer as i did every month when i inquired about the status.

They keep telling me my case is very complicated, but they did indicated that our relationship is real.

One thing i don't understand is that when they say my K1 is expired, why can't they just tell me why it was denied.

I hear ya Ben...they treat the reasons for our denials like they are some sort of freakin' military secret...for Christ sakes, it's simply a man and woman trying to live together, why the secrets? Makes one think they are trying to hide something. :blink:

My view on using congressmen's liasons (I used two of them) is that they are just a way to tell your wife you are trying everything you can, because the congressmen's liason can't find out anything more than we can ourselves...they, just like us are helpless to the IV officers and the IV officers know it.

I know how you feel about waiting almost four years on a visa, we have been stuck in this sick game for three years and seven months now.

I hope you soon find success at the end of your wait.

tsap seui

I hear ya Ben...they treat the reasons for our denials like they are some sort of freakin' military secret...for Christ sakes, it's simply a man and woman trying to live together, why the secrets? Makes one think they are trying to hide something. :rolleyes:

My view on using congressmen's liasons (I used two of them) is that they are just a way to tell your wife you are trying everything you can, because the congressmen's liason can't find out anything more than we can ourselves...they, just like us are helpless to the IV officers and the IV officers know it.

I know how you feel about waiting almost four years on a visa, we have been stuck in this sick game for three years and seven months now.

I hope you soon find success at the end of your wait.

tsap seui

Yeah, quite impressive how diligent they are in protecting America and us innocent little USC's from the big bad dangerous Chinese girls. They're doing a heck of a job.

I tend to agree with you about the congressmen, or in my case congresswoman and senators, but I don't think it can hurt and it shows we are not afraid to shine the light of day on our petitions, which is more than I can say for the secret society of IV officers who seemingly operate with impunity and a total lack of oversight, but don't take my word for it, I'm pretty bitter these days.

Edited by HongKong2LA (see edit history)

Yeah, quite impressive how diligent they are in protecting America and us innocent little USC's for the big bad dangerous Chinese girls. They're doing a heck of a job.

I tend to agree with you about the congressmen, or in my case congresswoman and senators, but I don't think it can hurt and it shows we are not afraid to shine the light of day on our petitions, which is more than I can say for the secret society of IV officers who seemingly operate with impunity and a total lack of oversight, but don't take my word for it, I'm pretty bitter these days.

:rolleyes: Bitter is okay...I spent 10 months being bitter as we awaited the results of our blue slip.

I would highly recommend using congressional liasons...even though, by law they can't really do anything but make a phoney baloney inquiry. They do make someone at the consulate at least open your case up and look at it...as you said, shine the light of day on our petitions.

I hope the wait isn't too much longer and that you have success. As Chawles (chilton747) and I used to say, THIS is where you and your woman REALLY get to know each other. :lol:

tsap seui