Two Year Chinese Residence Permit

Stepbrow

Two years before renewal sounds ok.

It is OK for people who plan to basically be retired. Even then, there is always the possibility that on some whim or technicality it won't be renewed, in which case your family could be separated.

For people who still have to work, would like to raise a family in China etc., it is truly useless. A series of one-year work visas is the only way until/unless you qualify for the green card. And one-year work visas don't give you a lot upon which to build a stable life.

Two years before renewal sounds ok.

It is OK for people who plan to basically be retired. Even then, there is always the possibility that on some whim or technicality it won't be renewed, in which case your family could be separated.

For people who still have to work, would like to raise a family in China etc., it is truly useless. A series of one-year work visas is the only way until/unless you qualify for the green card. And one-year work visas don't give you a lot upon which to build a stable life.

And there is no guarantee that you can get two years.

One year isn't much, but I suppose it's better than nothing. I know people here over ten years on a series of stringed-along one-year-type visas.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Have any members succeeded in getting one of these two-year visas?

We are expecting to move back to the States from China in October after our second anniversary. I've currently got a Residence Permit from my employer. The school year ends in July, at which point I'll need a new visa to keep me in the country through October. Our preference would be to get a tourist visa that's good for as long as possible since we will be making trips back here to visit my wife's family.

Any advice/suggestions/war stories from members who have successfully gotten "family visas" would be greatly appreciated! :signthankspin:

Have any members succeeded in getting one of these two-year visas?

We are expecting to move back to the States from China in October after our second anniversary. I've currently got a Residence Permit from my employer. The school year ends in July, at which point I'll need a new visa to keep me in the country through October. Our preference would be to get a tourist visa that's good for as long as possible since we will be making trips back here to visit my wife's family.

Any advice/suggestions/war stories from members who have successfully gotten "family visas" would be greatly appreciated! :signthankspin:

Two year visas, with stays of up to 90 or 180 days are issued fairly routinely by the Chinese consulates in the U.S. Include a copy of your marriage certificate and your wife's Chinese ID with the application, and specifically request the two year visa (write in if you have to).

As far as I'm aware, the PSB Entry and Exit bureaus issue only one year visas, although it may be possible to get a longer term employment visa as of this year.

• Like 1