Computer Help - Tune Up software

Good advice for anyone with a home computer. Copy and Paste to an email and share with friends and family in USA and in China

I work with computer geeks who told me about these 3 FREE programs that they use on our work computers. I shared this with my wife and my wife got big brownie points sharing this with friends in China! I think the first 2 programs may even be configurable in Chinese language. All are very easy to run and very effective. Run these programs once a week (along with a good virus checker) and your home computer will perform as fast as when you first took it out of the box. Here are the links to the free programs you need. When you install the first two, you may un-check the box to ¡°install optional Yahoo toolbar¡± (it is really not needed). Accept all of the other installation defaults.

Free Program / ----------------------- what it does --------------------------- /-------------------------- where to get it-----------------------

CCleaner / gets rid of any old unneeded temporary files to make your PC run faster. / Download here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner (download latest version top right)

Defraggler / reconnects broken file fragments into 1 file to make your PC run faster / Download it here http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler (download latest version top right)

Eusing Registry cleaner / cleans internal file directory to eliminate old unused links / Download it here http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleane...try_cleaner.htm (download site 1 is fine)

Instructions for running these programs (at least 1 time a week) to keep your computer clean and running in good shape

CCleaner

• Always run this program first. It will run the fastest of the three programs so you won¡¯t have to wait long to start Defraggler.

• Be sure to close your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer , Firefox or whatever program you use to browse the web) before running. The program cleans out temporary files in your web browser so it must be closed for it to work.

• Press the RUN CLEANER button to run

• After it runs press ¡° OK to permanently delete files ¡° (it only deletes temporary files that are unneeded by your system)

Defraggler

• Run this program next. The first time you run this program it may take a long time to clean things out, in future times it will run faster.

• You can return to browsing the Web (using Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever program you use to browse the web) while this program is running.

• Press the DEFRAG button for each disk drive you want to defragment.

Eusing Registry cleaner

• You can run this program at same time as Defraggler and you can also continue to use your web browser.

• The first time you run this program it may take a very long time to clean things out, thereafter it will run much faster.

• When you start it up it will ask you for a Registration code. Click the SKIP button.

• Then click the ¡°Scan registry issue¡± hyperlink on the top left to start the program.

• When the program is finished click the ¡°Repair registry issue¡± link

Lots of friends & family use them. Works well with Windows XP and WINDOWS 7. Sorry, MAC, Windows VISTA or UNIX users, I don't know about compatibility. You can probably Google any of these programs for more info.

True Blue

Good advice for anyone with a home computer. Copy and Paste to an email and share with friends and family in USA and in China

I work with computer geeks who told me about these 3 FREE programs that they use on our work computers. I shared this with my wife and my wife got big brownie points sharing this with friends in China! I think the first 2 programs may even be configurable in Chinese language. All are very easy to run and very effective. Run these programs once a week (along with a good virus checker) and your home computer will perform as fast as when you first took it out of the box. Here are the links to the free programs you need. When you install the first two, you may un-check the box to ¡°install optional Yahoo toolbar¡± (it is really not needed). Accept all of the other installation defaults.

Free Program / ----------------------- what it does --------------------------- /-------------------------- where to get it-----------------------

CCleaner / gets rid of any old unneeded temporary files to make your PC run faster. / Download here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner (download latest version top right)

Defraggler / reconnects broken file fragments into 1 file to make your PC run faster / Download it here http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler (download latest version top right)

Eusing Registry cleaner / cleans internal file directory to eliminate old unused links / Download it here http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleane...try_cleaner.htm (download site 1 is fine)

Instructions for running these programs (at least 1 time a week) to keep your computer clean and running in good shape

CCleaner

• Always run this program first. It will run the fastest of the three programs so you won¡¯t have to wait long to start Defraggler.

• Be sure to close your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer , Firefox or whatever program you use to browse the web) before running. The program cleans out temporary files in your web browser so it must be closed for it to work.

• Press the RUN CLEANER button to run

• After it runs press ¡° OK to permanently delete files ¡° (it only deletes temporary files that are unneeded by your system)

Defraggler

• Run this program next. The first time you run this program it may take a long time to clean things out, in future times it will run faster.

• You can return to browsing the Web (using Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever program you use to browse the web) while this program is running.

• Press the DEFRAG button for each disk drive you want to defragment.

Eusing Registry cleaner

• You can run this program at same time as Defraggler and you can also continue to use your web browser.

• The first time you run this program it may take a very long time to clean things out, thereafter it will run much faster.

• When you start it up it will ask you for a Registration code. Click the SKIP button.

• Then click the ¡°Scan registry issue¡± hyperlink on the top left to start the program.

• When the program is finished click the ¡°Repair registry issue¡± link

Lots of friends & family use them. Works well with Windows XP and WINDOWS 7. Sorry, MAC, Windows VISTA or UNIX users, I don't know about compatibility. You can probably Google any of these programs for more info.

True Blue

thanks

I'm a big fan of CCleaner; I use it often. Be careful using registry cleaners, Make sure you back it up before cleaning in case you remove something you shouldn't. CCleaner, has a registry scanner cleaner already integrated in it.