Going to China: What do I need to do?

So I will be going to China soon to see my girlfriend. We have not started the visa process yet but would like to when I return to the US. What documents do we need to exchange while I am in China? What should I bring to her, and what does she need to give to me? Is there anything else I should make sure we do to help our "proof of relationship" file?

For the USCIS bring an I-129F and G-325A for her to sign.

Also write up a a letter of intent for her to sign.

Sample: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

Get 2 2"x2" passport photos from her.

Get many photos together, as well as some with her family.

Keep all receipts from trip.

Have a good time!

It is unlikely I will be able to make another trip after this one.

Consider this seriously.

You did not state if you have previously visited her, but if not your chances of success at visa interview are reduced with only one visit.

It is certainly not a written requirement to have multiple visits, but I believe it helps to show a relationship. I realize it is expensive, and time consuming.

How much time and money are you willing to put into this relationship?

Is this a Walmart affair, or a DeBeers affair?

What I think is irrelevant, but the visa officers are WAY more skeptical than me, so be warned.

Oh, and what about things I need to give her? Like tax reports, etc....

That comes later at the time of visa interview.

As I pointed out in the above post, just need the few things I noted.

Been there done that, have the t-shirt to prove it. ;)

It is unlikely I will be able to make another trip after this one.

I got lucky, I had Traveled to China the year before meeting my Yu for a tour, and I traveled to China for Spring Festival before my Yu's interview, spring festival just so happen to be the week before interview.

All told I had been to China 3 times before my Yu interviewed.

2 trips before interview shows commitment, being there for interview helps.

I think they tend to like pictures with family more than those with just the two of you. Of course, take pictures of you guys also, just be sure to include the family when possible. If it were me, I'd also make sure you guys were not wearing the same clothes in all of your pictures. I know this is an obvious one, but having 20 pictures of what happened on Monday, isn't as persuasive as 4 pictures of Monday, 4 of Tue, . . . . Friday.

I think they tend to like pictures with family more than those with just the two of you. Of course, take pictures of you guys also, just be sure to include the family when possible. If it were me, I'd also make sure you guys were not wearing the same clothes in all of your pictures. I know this is an obvious one, but having 20 pictures of what happened on Monday, isn't as persuasive as 4 pictures of Monday, 4 of Tue, . . . . Friday.

Yes Pictures of you and family is strong, it shows that family approves of you.

Yes set camera to time-stamp pictures, I forgot that so ended up using a program later to insert the time-stamp later. Not solid evidence but helps. http://dts8888.com/

If you are unable to make at least a second visit, you may really come under scrutiny by GUZ at interview. And since you haven't filed yet, you still have time to make another trip. I am not sure of your specific issues that would keep you from going, and that is not our business, but at this point the best advice I can offer is to get another trip in.

I lived in China for 18 months, and my girlfriend and I were dating for 15 of those months. Another trip after this one probably isn't necessary to further prove our relationship. Of course, I don't have a ton of proof of us being together during my initial time there, but what I do have coupled with what I will have after this second trip should be enough. I just want to make sure I get everything I need now so I don't make the same mistake I made last time (not saving my tickets, not taking more photos of us, etc.).

I lived in China for 18 months, and my girlfriend and I were dating for 15 of those months. Another trip after this one probably isn't necessary to further prove our relationship. Of course, I don't have a ton of proof of us being together during my initial time there, but what I do have coupled with what I will have after this second trip should be enough. I just want to make sure I get everything I need now so I don't make the same mistake I made last time (not saving my tickets, not taking more photos of us, etc.).

Yes, so it actually will be two visits, and we are talking about a second trip

And yes the 15 months together will more than cover this issue.

As long as you provide good documentation of your prior time in China.

Also you can actually file the I-129F now if you wish, and then visit, you just need to have your fiancee send you the required stuff.