1 Chinese baby born with syphilis every hour

So many babies born in China, this doesn't seem to be so bad. However, it is still a big problem.

Chinese baby

"Every hour a baby is born in China with syphilis, as the world's fastest-growing epidemic of the disease is fueled by men with new money from the nation's booming economy, researchers say."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tony n Terrific

Syphilis is a terrible disease to have. It killed Al Capone and it was also rumored that Hitler contracted it also. If it goes untreated it will lead to insanity and a early death.

But it is interesting that that all the 'gloom & doom' that the WHO went through about 8-10 years ago, related to AIDS in China----the result of unsanitary blood transfusions---poor rural peasants selling blood products, never came to pass. It was isolated, and those involved, sadly, died. but they didn't pass it on, because it wasn't related to sexual behavior, or drug use (shared needles for recreational drugs)

Syphilis could get out of control in China rather quickly, since the spread is behavior based, and the infection rate is exponential.

But it is interesting that that all the 'gloom & doom' that the WHO went through about 8-10 years ago, related to AIDS in China----the result of unsanitary blood transfusions---poor rural peasants selling blood products, never came to pass. It was isolated, and those involved, sadly, died. but they didn't pass it on, because it wasn't related to sexual behavior, or drug use (shared needles for recreational drugs)

Syphilis could get out of control in China rather quickly, since the spread is behavior based, and the infection rate is exponential.

However the CIA estimates china has 1/10 the number of aids victims as the USA.

Food for thought.

However the CIA estimates china has 1/10 the number of aids victims as the USA.

Food for thought.

That's interesting. As far as I can tell from my conversations and experiences with people, Chinese schools don't have anything resembling sex education. (anyone have any knowledge or experiences to contradict this??) When I met my wife, she was under the impression that she could tell whether or not someone had AIDS just by looking at them.

MEMO

DATE: May 10, 2010

SUBJECT: Syphilis

TO: Candle for Love members

Whichever one of you it is going around impregnating our women and giving them syphilis, could you please cut it out? Or at the very least, take some antibiotics?

Many thanks!

Edited by JamesnYuHong (see edit history)

That's interesting. As far as I can tell from my conversations and experiences with people, Chinese schools don't have anything resembling sex education. (anyone have any knowledge or experiences to contradict this??) When I met my wife, she was under the impression that she could tell whether or not someone had AIDS just by looking at them.

Totally true. My wife was the same. However the older generation in china was very conservative. I think the Chinese are just behind the curve. The young generation is very open, soon china will catch up!

The "gloom & doom" was directly related to the fact that the Chinese government went to great lengths to try and hide the extent of contagious diseases in general. Remember the Bird Flu Chinese Keystone Cops?

China is rapidly becoming a place with few sexual taboos. The CCP appears to be making only token efforts to bring things under control. Here is a recent article in China Daily about a recent bust of four night clubs in Beijing. These four night clubs employed 557 women!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-05...ent_9845624.htm

With such a huge population, trends like this Syphilis problem can take off like wild fire. The authorities better ramp up antibiotic production and sexual education programs.

China is rapidly becoming a place with few sexual taboos. The CCP appears to be making only token efforts to bring things under control. Here is a recent article in China Daily about a recent bust of four night clubs in Beijing. These four night clubs employed 557 women!

With such a huge population, trends like this Syphilis problem can take off like wild fire. The authorities better ramp up antibiotic production and sexual education programs.

Rapidly becoming ??? The biggest culture shock I experienced when arriving here almost 4 years ago was how much sex was out in the open and acknowledged. I thought I was going to be coming to a puritan's convention and instead I ended up at a Hedonism vacation spot ....

Not complaining just wondering how they could keep the west press from spreading this info around the world ...

Guest Tony n Terrific

Rapidly becoming ??? The biggest culture shock I experienced when arriving here almost 4 years ago was how much sex was out in the open and acknowledged. I thought I was going to be coming to a puritan's convention and instead I ended up at a Hedonism vacation spot ....

Not complaining just wondering how they could keep the west press from spreading this info around the world ...

We owe them too much money.

"..China is rapidly becoming a place with few sexual taboos. The CCP appears to be making only token efforts to bring things under control...."

Many hotels in China have an entire floor dedicated to a brothel. This can't be done without an 'understanding' with local government officials.

Take for instance, the "Victory" hotel on Shamian Island, Guangzhou. Not far from the US Consulate, and in the old days, (before Visa services were moved across town) a favorite with both the adoption crowd, and those bringing our SO's out on K visas. ( members in the past have stayed there.)

The Victory is classified as a State Cultural and Historic site, ( when I first visited China, late in the last century, they had a dining room which excluded whites---- (I found that out when our party tried to make reservations)--- don't know if that still exists.. But that didn't stop it from having one of the more famous brothels in the basement, and it may still have one to this day. (on good authority, whites are not excluded..) ...

Not to mention the cards of hookers that you get slid under your door when staying at hotels. I swear I must have been close to having a complete set from one brothel by the end of one week.

But still, to me there is a huge gap in sexual mores and sexual taboos across different demographics in China. For example you have the old vs. young adults vs. high school/college age, country vs. city, and most important, sheltered vs. unsheltered. Many college age people still probably don't know how to have sex. Then again, in big cities you tend to see more open public displays of affection (for example, at bus stops) than you would in major US cities.

Guest Do or die

Not to mention the cards of hookers that you get slid under your door when staying at hotels. I swear I must have been close to having a complete set from one brothel by the end of one week.

But still, to me there is a huge gap in sexual mores and sexual taboos across different demographics in China. For example you have the old vs. young adults vs. high school/college age, country vs. city, and most important, sheltered vs. unsheltered. Many college age people still probably don't know how to have sex. Then again, in big cities you tend to see more open public displays of affection (for example, at bus stops) than you would in major US cities.

Read somewhere that almost 1/3 of US women have got herpes, and not from toilet seats.