My finance pointed out I misread the directions for K1 packet 3 that says only to return the instructions, mailing label and DS-230. I got really confused because I thought we had to file the I-130 in packet 3 and file 1-864 for packet 4. And here I had him wait until I got my tax transcripts, what a waste of time. Urgh, I'm so mad at myself.

Wonder why they include the I-130 in packet 3 and not packet 4....because of the time it takes to get the information maybe.

Just wish there was a detailed list of what to send like in the beginning of the process, my nerves just are getting more and more frazzled the more I read forums.

Just wish there was a detailed list of what to send like in the beginning of the process, my nerves just are getting more and more frazzled the more I read forums.

Does this help you out? K1 info:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_k1/k2.html

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

You are doing a K-1 FIANCEE visa it does NOT use an I-130 OR I-864.

You return OF-169 and DS-230 (Part 1) to the cpnsulate from P-3

P-4 will contain Medical instructions, paperwork and invitation letter to visa interview.

Note:

I-130 is for spousal visas like IR-1, CR-1 and K-3 and is mailed to USCIS when petitioning for a spousal visa.

I-864 is for sponsoring a GREEN-CARD you will file this later after marriage when adjusting status.

The OP mentioned tax transcripts, so she probably meant her I-134 and not I-130. This is my read on the situation. B)

Good point.

In my case I-134 included: Simple IRS transcripts from past 3 years, copies of recent paystubs going back 6 months, and a letter from my employer.

Note the OF-169 tells you what will be needed to br brought to interview, you do not send this stuff to the consulate with the OF-169.

The OP mentioned tax transcripts, so she probably meant her I-134 and not I-130. This is my read on the situation. B)

Good point.

In my case I-134 included: Simple IRS transcripts from past 3 years, copies of recent paystubs going back 6 months, and a letter from my employer.

Note the OF-169 tells you what will be needed to br brought to interview, you do not send this stuff to the consulate with the OF-169.

Yeah sorry, I meant the I-134. You would think I would read directions instead of starting to just collect information right away expecting to have to send it in.

Kyle, Thanks for the links, but as I was working from them >.< yet somehow can't read directions, I'm glad that my fianc¨¦ caught my mistake before I made him send out all the stuff only to have it shredded.