P4 letter from GZO

My wife & I just received our P4 for an interview date of May 4th. With the letter came some instructions. These instructions ask us to bring the correspondence instructions, immigrant visa application & a host of other stuff. I don't know what these corresponence instructions nor immigrant visa application are. I asked my attorney, she didn't know either. Can anyone here shed some light? Thanks in advance for any help, Steve

Edited by teeb57 (see edit history)

They want you to bring everything that you scanned and emailed to NVC.

Visa application is the DS-230 which you scanned and emailed to NVC.

thank you for that reply. but nowhere was an application that we scanned & emailed to them. Thank you again for the reply, but we're still confused

thank you for that reply. but nowhere was an application that we scanned & emailed to them. Thank you again for the reply, but we're still confused

If you hired a lawyer to act as agent then they must have proceeded and opted in to to the electronic processing as per, the electronic processing information pinned at the top of "General Visa Discussion & First Steps" having a "GZO" number implies that this is the case.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

The items listed in this post that your lawyer scanned and emailed to NVC need to be brought to the visa interview, the consulate wants to check the authenticity of the documents that they have just scanned copies of.

What should I expect to happen if I participate?

The process steps for processing cases electronically are generally as follows:

• The applicant¡¯s petition is received at NVC from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

• For those cases eligible to participate, the NVC will send an Agent of Choice Letter (ACL) and Affidavit of Support (AOS) fee bill. This correspondence will include instructions for opting into electronic processing.

• The applicant will notify NVC that they wish to participate in Electronic Processing. Note: it is important that the applicant follow the opt-in instructions precisely. Failure to do so will delay the completion of the opt-in process

• NVC updates the Agent of Choice information upon receipt of the ACL.

• NVC will provide a response to the opt-in e-mail. Included in this response will be the instructions for the next processing step. The next step will be dependent upon what information has been sent with the initial opt-in e-mail. Generally these instructions will include one or more of the following:
    • A request to complete an Agent of Choice Letter (DS-3032)

• A request to pay the Affidavit of Support Fee

• A request to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee(s)

• Notification that the petitioner must complete Affidavit of Support Processing

• Notification that the applicant(s) must complete Applicant Document Processing

• Checklist from NVC to correct submitted forms / provide documents

[*] The applicant must scan and e-mail appropriate forms and/or documents as requested by NVC (no paper copies will be accepted).

[*] NVC will continue to provide instructions until all requested documents, forms, and fees have been provided. At that time, the applicant will be notified that NVC has completed processing of their petition.

[*] Once the case has an interview date scheduled, all persons on the case will receive notification.

The applicant will need to present the original physical documents to the US Embassy/Consulate at the time of the applicant's visa interview. Failure to do so may cause a delay or denial of the visa being sought.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4595.html

This is a strong reason to NOT rely completely on a lawyer to do the whole thing for you, you NEED to get involved in this process from beginning to end.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)