Electronic processing

I've submitted the OPTIN and 3032 PDF on 3/30. I've paid the AOS fee only (shows "PAID") and just paid the IV fee today (shows "In Process").

The question is... Am I suppose to sit idle until the case is converted to Electronic processing (case number GUZ to GZO) before I Email submit the Affidavit of Support package? The AOS invoice showed "PAID" for about 3 days now and I've been idled with no sign of conversion to Electronic Processings completed. Any suggestions?

I've read that post, but somehow I missed the line "Looks like you OPTIN, then wait for instructions.". :blink:

Seems like I should be idle and wait for conversion to be completed before submitting anything else (other than paying the fees as invoiced).

Thanks!

As long as you have the AOS cover sheet with the bar code on it you can scan and email your AOS package. The cover sheet will have the GUZ number on it but it will be fine.

However you can call the DOS and they will be able to give you the new GZO number and then hand write the GZO number on the cover sheet. If you opt-in on 03.30 they should already have a GZO number for your case.

I've read that post, but somehow I missed the line "Looks like you OPTIN, then wait for instructions.". :blink:

Seems like I should be idle and wait for conversion to be completed before submitting anything else (other than paying the fees as invoiced).

Thanks!

As long as you have the AOS cover sheet with the bar code on it you can scan and email your AOS package. The cover sheet will have the GUZ number on it but it will be fine.

However you can call the DOS and they will be able to give you the new GZO number and then hand write the GZO number on the cover sheet. If you opt-in on 03.30 they should already have a GZO number for your case.

So, basically I can email my AOS papers to "nvcelectronic@state.gov" along with my AOS coversheet with GUZ case# right now before it is actually converted to GZO? It would seem like the folks at NVC should know how to home it (the AOS package) to GZO case if it changes soon.

The OPTIN was submitted 3.30, but I can still login to Invoice payment site with GUZ case# and the phone AVR still works also. So, I guess it hasn't been converted yet. I am just trying to kill as much time as possible here.

Anyone know how true this is?

I was told that the OPTIN email from Beneficiary MUST origin from CHINA with CHINA IP. Our OPTIN was sent using a Gmail account (gmail.com) we created for each of our parent. I mean, people in China have Gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc. Emails too, so I didn't think that would be a problem. I have friends in China using gmail.com emails.

If it is true, then would I need to call NVC to change the beneficiary's email address or I can just use any China Email to send the OPTIN? This is the only part of the OPTIN process that's confusing me. Thanks in advance!

I was told that the OPTIN email from Beneficiary MUST origin from CHINA with CHINA IP. Our OPTIN was sent using a Gmail account (gmail.com) we created for each of our parent. I mean, people in China have Gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc. Emails too, so I didn't think that would be a problem. I have friends in China using gmail.com emails.

If it is true, then would I need to call NVC to change the beneficiary's email address or I can just use any China Email to send the OPTIN? This is the only part of the OPTIN process that's confusing me. Thanks in advance!

OK, so I guess I can answer my own question. I suppose it didn't matter if it was a Chinese IP OPTIN request email. The case was converted to GZO today. The AVR on Friday states that they have the DS3032, which was already a good sign.

OK, so I guess I can answer my own question. I suppose it didn't matter if it was a Chinese IP OPTIN request email. The case was converted to GZO today. The AVR on Friday states that they have the DS3032, which was already a good sign.

Doesn't even have to come from the Beneficiary (can be from the Petitioner).

At one point, the stated requirement was that it MUST come from the beneficiary. They must have either relaxed the requirement or realized that it was hard to enforce.

The OPT-IN instructions are the same as they were in October 2009 when we did it:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

They don't say it has to come from the beneficiary. It says "if you decide to participate, you must send an email ..". I decided that you could mean my wife or me since the application is a joint thing. :lol:

I dont recall the instructions ever being different from this link. Technically the DS-3032 is to come from the beneficiary but realistically how can they control either one and what difference would it make?

At one point, the stated requirement was that it MUST come from the beneficiary. They must have either relaxed the requirement or realized that it was hard to enforce.

The OPT-IN instructions are the same as they were in October 2009 when we did it:

They don't say it has to come from the beneficiary. It says "if you decide to participate, you must send an email ..". I decided that you could mean my wife or me since the application is a joint thing. :)

I dont recall the instructions ever being different from this link. Technically the DS-3032 is to come from the beneficiary but realistically how can they control either one and what difference would it make?

I didn't say WHO stated it, but . . . (since you asked)

The only other thing that I can suggest, so far, that might be __FAIL__, is that the OPT IN email

MUST BE

from your wife's email address, in China.

If that wasn't the case, and if you've not heard anything back in 5 days, then have her , repeat HER, send in the OPT IN email.

When the program first started, it wasn't much of an issue.

A few folk at VJ got knocked cause it wasn't from the foreign beneficiary's email address FROM within her country (IP addresses are getting checked these days).

Good Luck !

I agree the DS-3032 should be emailed from the beneficiary's email address.

I would think that a big problem would have occurred with folks who had gmail, or yahoo.com, etc. email accounts where the provider IP was not within China. => No problem any more.

Remember this was a breaking in period for the electronic processing

They don't say it has to come from the beneficiary. It says "if you decide to participate, you must send an email ..". I decided that you could mean my wife or me since the application is a joint thing. :)

I didn't say WHO stated it, but . . . (since you asked)

The only other thing that I can suggest, so far, that might be __FAIL__, is that the OPT IN email

MUST BE

from your wife's email address, in China.

If that wasn't the case, and if you've not heard anything back in 5 days, then have her , repeat HER, send in the OPT IN email.

When the program first started, it wasn't much of an issue.

A few folk at VJ got knocked cause it wasn't from the foreign beneficiary's email address FROM within her country (IP addresses are getting checked these days).

Good Luck !

I agree the DS-3032 should be emailed from the beneficiary's email address.

I would think that a big problem would have occurred with folks who had gmail, or yahoo.com, etc. email accounts where the provider IP was not within China. => No problem any more.

Remember this was a breaking in period for the electronic processing

It doesn't change the fact that no instructions anywhere say the email has to be from the beneficiary's email in China.

It doesn't change the fact that no instructions anywhere say the email has to be from the beneficiary's email in China.

Sorry, guy! Can't help with that one! :worthy:

As far as I'm aware, none do state that!

Besides, it doesn't anymore. :)