• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All done! Here is what I have learned.

US gov perspective...

The US government wants a certified translation of your police report. They don't care which place it comes from as long as it is official.

Chinese government perspective...

Due to lack of computer automation the Chinese police agencies they will only give a police report from your home town. (the location of your hu kou Ben)

translation...

There are many places to have Chinese docements translated into a certified translation, including within the USA. You can go anywhere to have this done. In Jiangsu, Nanjing they have foriegn marriage office. The are great!!! They will pick up the phone, they know all the answers and they can do most things in office. I am sure they are making money off us, but I am happy someone was willing to help. They were worth every penny!

BTW all pollice reports vary a little, but they all have standard forms which gave me a sense of comfort.

So now I am sitting in the shangrila Guilin enjoying terrific food! I can post pics if you like.

Edited by rw86347 (see edit history)
Guest jin979

Police certificate has to come from your Hukou, never heard of anyone getting from somewhere else,its impossible.

We see this many times on times on CFL but all white books must come from your fiances/wives/husbands Hukuo, if someone tells you different they are lying, document you get is fake.

It really is very simple, hukuo or bust.

Family registry can only be got from Hukuo

Single certificate can only be got fron Hukuo

Police certificate can only be got in Hukuo.

Every province has "municiple notarty offices" that know their province and what needs to be given to them, but it must be her/his birth province.

All done! Here is what I have learned.

US gov perspective...

The US government wants a certified translation of your police report. They don't care which place it comes from as long as it is official.

Chinese government perspective...

Due to lack of computer automation the Chinese police agencies they will only give a police report from your home town. (the location of your hu kou Ben)

translation...

There are many places to have Chinese docements translated into a certified translation, including within the USA. You can go anywhere to have this done. In Jiangsu, Nanjing they have foriegn marriage office. The are great!!! They will pick up the phone, they know all the answers and they can do most things in office. I am sure they are making money off us, but I am happy someone was willing to help. They were worth every penny!

BTW all pollice reports vary a little, but they all have standard forms which gave me a sense of comfort.

So now I am sitting in the shangrila Guilin enjoying terrific food! I can post pics if you like.

One correction - It is not due to a lack of computer automation in the Chinese police agencies that causes one to have to get the police certificate from your hu kou. Because of computer automation they can issue a country wide police certificate for you from your hu kou. But the real reason it comes from your hu kou is because, as Jin said, that is how it is done in China.

We see this many times on times on CFL but all white books must come from your fiances/wives/husbands Hukuo, if someone tells you different they are lying, document you get is fake.

My imigration lawyer informed me this was not true the us gov will take any certified translation in fact they suggested a place in San Francisco.

My imigration lawyer informed me this was not true the us gov will take any certified translation in fact they suggested a place in San Francisco.

Hmmm, the immigration lawyer....

tsap seui

That maybe correct. However one has to have the birth/marriage/police certificates from the local notary office of the Chinese government. The office that provides the notarized documents also does the certified translation thus creating the "White Booklet". To get the Chinese notarized document and then translation it elsewhere seems to be illogical.

The lawyer was probably referring to other chinese documents than the birth/marriage/police certificates.

My immigration lawyer was the first to introduce me to the term "white booklets" and told me how to get them.