Does anyone have a copy of the police report submitted to guangzhou? I am not to clear on what the police should say in their report.

If someone would I would love to see the Chinese (hanzi) police report.

thanks in advance.

Rodger and Christina Wilson

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a copy of the police report submitted to guangzhou? I am not to clear on what the police should say in their report.

thanks in advance.

Tell the PSB in the the location of hukou that you need a police certificate in a white booklet format for application of a USA visa. They will know exactly what to provide you.

thanks in advance.

Tell the PSB in the the location of hukou that you need a police certificate in a white booklet format for application of a USA visa. They will know exactly what to provide you.

Let me see if I understand what you just said?

Take a train to from beijing to her home town and get a "police certificate".

The paper from guangzhou said nothing about being from her hometown. Why can't I get a report from Beijing? What should the report say?

Rodger

thanks in advance.

Let me see if I understand what you just said?

Take a train to from beijing to her home town and get a "police certificate".

The paper from guangzhou said nothing about being from her hometown. Why can't I get a report from Beijing? What should the report say?

Rodger

The police certificate will come from the PSB of her Hukou. If her Hukou is in Beijing then no problem.

The white booklet will basically say in two pages (chinese and english) that "This is to certify that XXX has not be committed of any crimes in China as of 2010.XX.XX." Then the next two pages will say (chinese and english) "English translation of Notarial Certification conforms with the Chinese original".

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)

I assume PSB is Police Station, correct?

Correct, note they may just issue certificate in chinese then it is brought to the notary office and get a notary translation, same place that does translations of other docs like birth cert, marriage cert, single cert, divorce cert, etc..

My wife was born in Beijing but moved to Guilin when young so home town became Guilin so she had to get all these docs in Guilin.

I have an appointment sat with the police chief sat. If that doesn't work I will head to Jiangsu.

The police report covering all of China comes from her hukou.

The folks in Guangzhou know what to expect. Your wife most likely does also.

Hopefully, you are not more interested in cutting corners than you are in getting the visa.

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

Most of the documents needed
can
be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu ¹«Ö¤Êé

Sample application for documents (your province or
hukou
may vary):

A discussion of the huji (or
hukou
»§¿Ú) system
can
be found at
Chinese residents should go to their
hukou
for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the
hukou
will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

Marriage certification for
I-130
or
K-3
must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

What police certificates do I need and how do I get them - http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-...w-do-i-get-them

My wife is convinced that all citys can provide a criminal back ground check and white book. Clearly your opinion and her differ greatly.

If the state department has specifics why don't they state details?

When we got married in nanjing we had to go to an office for foreigners. They said at the time the US gov will want two white books. Birth certificate and marriage certificate, thus they sold us them. Maybe they will know more about the criminal white book. I will give them a call.

My wife is convinced that all citys can provide a criminal back ground check and white book. Clearly your opinion and her differ greatly.

When we got married in nanjing we had to go to an office for foreigners. They said at the time the US gov will want two white books. Birth certificate and marriage certificate, thus they sold us them. Maybe they will know more about the criminal white book. I will give them a call.

Your wife needs to learn about the hukou system - no opinion is needed. VERY surprising that she wouldn't already know, unless she is not a Chinese citizen

The State Dept. generally does not provide details on the policies of other governments - check out the links I've provided for what information they DO provide.

Yes, if you were able to get the birth and marriage certificates for her there, that would be the place to go.

Maybe your wife is correct but what she says differs from what everybody else I know and have heard from had to do --- again maybe she is correct -- try it but don't be surprised when it does not work. If it does than let CFL know.

Have your wife go to 001 website and talk with the chinese spouse/SOs there and find out how to get the police certifice.

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)

While we're all on the topic-

I've read around a lot about the whole gongzhengshu business, but i've never heard about anyone else going about it like we are.

We're going to go to the henan province gongzhengchu, as opposed to the zhengzhou city's, and get it done there. Thing is, they want a whole lot more from us than what i see people talking about on here.

Let me explain: we got 2 shengmings from 2 different places in her HOME TOWN (not the city, btw) that they said were required for her birth certificate. Then, back in the city, we had to go and get another shengming for her police certificate from the big PSB. And a 4th one was required from a marriage registrar for her single certificate. All of these shengmings were free.

But i've never heard anyone mention this on either here or VJ, and im wondering if we're doing this right/going to the right office?

& Her hukou is in zhengzhou.

While we're all on the topic-

I've read around a lot about the whole gongzhengshu business, but i've never heard about anyone else going about it like we are.

We're going to go to the henan province gongzhengchu, as opposed to the zhengzhou city's, and get it done there. Thing is, they want a whole lot more from us than what i see people talking about on here.

Let me explain: we got 2 shengmings from 2 different places in her HOME TOWN (not the city, btw) that they said were required for her birth certificate. Then, back in the city, we had to go and get another shengming for her police certificate from the big PSB. And a 4th one was required from a marriage registrar for her single certificate. All of these shengmings were free.

But i've never heard anyone mention this on either here or VJ, and im wondering if we're doing this right/going to the right office?

& Her hukou is in zhengzhou.

What would be unique there is that you could actually get what you need at someplace OTHER than where her hukou is.

I haven't heard the term shengming.

Good luck!