Best proxy server in China ?

Guest Pommey

Yes, Witopia is great. They are continually adding new servers.

Another option is www.freedur.net That's what I've been using, however as of late it's been a little slow. They say they are adding servers though.

"The server at www.freedur.com is taking too long to respond."

At $120 a year, not exactly free. I had to connect to our Witopia server in Hong Kong just to get to their web site.

Witopia is, I think, around $40 a year.

Don't forget proxy servers - they are increasingly allow you to just go to their web site, and enter your target URL there, rather than having to reconfigure your internet browser's settings. Try www.firstprivacy.net for a free proxy.

• 1 month later...

Does witopia work well over there ?

Well, it works and is reasonably priced. Some recommend TOR (the Onion Router www.torproject.org) which is a free re-routable network of VPN servers.

I tend to switch Witopia servers 2 or 3 times during the day when one gets sluggish.

Guest Do or die

Well, it works and is reasonably priced. Some recommend TOR (the Onion Router www.torproject.org) which is a free re-routable network of VPN servers.

I tend to switch Witopia servers 2 or 3 times during the day when one gets sluggish.

thank you

Guest Do or die

thank you

Yeah it works well. I used it for about 4 years while in China. There are several servers to choose from if one seems not to work. If we ever return to China to live, Witopia will be one of the things we purchase first.

Guest Do or die

Yeah it works well. I used it for about 4 years while in China. There are several servers to choose from if one seems not to work. If we ever return to China to live, Witopia will be one of the things we purchase first.

thanks Kyle, you seem like a smart kid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...