NVC prompted into action

I guess we are pretty low on the interest level of our representitves. I wrote my congressmen three times and never heard a peep out of him.  Needless to say he lost my vote.

Carl,

Where are you in Portland?

Your congressman will only work with you if you find the one in the right district.

Since I still have my house in Portland, I have written to David Wu, and gotten a response from Holly Null who is his Immigration Liaison. She seemed to be very nice.

Most congressional offices have special forms for immigration issues, and staff members who are dedicated to dealing with the problems.

It seems that at some level, the congressmen know of the issue, but are just unwilling (or unable) to fix the problem. The congressmen may be in a tight spot. Immigration is a tough issue. To many people it is a bad thing. Thus, the congressmen are reluctant to "fix" the problem at risk of pissing off the isolationists in America..... At the same time, they try to work with us to look like they care.

One thing you should do is actually go to your congressman's office. You might not meet him, but you will be able to interact with his staff.

-------------

However, Carl,

I was looking at your timeline..... While it is progressing excruciatingly slowly, it is not too far from the "norm" for NSC & NVC. At this stage, contacting your congressman may not help. Natrigon's case had gotten stuck at NVC so it was appropriate for him to contact the congressman in an attempt to get it moving again.

Mine.... at least it seems to be stuck too.

I live in southeast Portland Cliff. In the district of the honorable Earl Blumenauer. I did write Wu's office too and Holly Null did respond but all she would do for me is fax my info to Blumenauer's office to which he never responded. This was all while I was waiting on NSC and I was trying to help bring light to the mire in which all the petitioners are stuck at NSC and the gross inequity of service when compared to VSC just because of where they live. I have written Blumenauer 3 times and have never gotten a response. Since clearing NSC I have been satisfied with the progress of my case. I do wish I had more information though as to where my petition is now. I plan to wait a few more days then email GZ to see if they have it in the system yet. I have heard from another petitioner here in Portland that Senators Smiths office was quite helpful. His immigration liason is a woman named Chris and is supposed to be a real go getter. I did write Smith once but never got a reply from him or Wyden. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that they don't want to be seen as soft on immigration and the CIS doesn't seem to pay them much heed anyway.

The person who told me about Chris at Senator Smiths office swears that it was because of her that his petition cleared NVC so fast. I didn't call anyone and mine cleared in 6 days more than his. His fiance is in Russia and his NOA 2 is only a few weeks ahead of mine. He already has an interview date for January while my petition is aging to perfection at a warehouse in GZ. I find it ironic that the one Senator (supposedly) that will give you any help is a republican since they are nortorious for anti-imigration legislation. On the other hand since he made his millions in the frozen food industry in central Oregon it would be in his best interest to have a good supply of low wage migrant workers to supply the product to his processing plants.