Name on AOS papers

Why is this sooooo complicated :ph34r: . My wife changed her name when we got married and took my last name. When we went to get her SSC they would not put her new name on it because it did not register correctly with USCIS even though we had the certified copy of the marriage license. I think.......someone please tell me if I am right...........that when we file the AOS papers we put her new name on them and include a copy of the marriage license. I believe at this point when we recieve the reciept notice from USCIS that they will have changed it in the computer and we can get the SSC re-issued?????Does that sound correct?? They would not even put her new name on our bank account when I added her. So I guess after the SSC is correct then I can get her a state ID or Drivers license :o with her correct name on it. Any advise would be great :D

Robert

Simply get SSN and DL in maiden name.

After you get Green-card or EAD-Card showing married name then get DL and SSN reissued in married name.

Note you should report immigrations status change after getting green-card anyway, may as well get SSN card replaced at that time too.