Interesting link

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome. I expect to be here often as I begin the long journey of reuniting with my wonderful wife.

I have enjoyed reading the threads and adding to them. Hopefully I can get the bride to contribute her own comments.

Her sense of humor is very unique.

I was very happy to find that I am not the only American to marry a woman from Chong Qing. When I was there I was positive nobody in the city had ever seen an American before.

I was very happy to find that I am not the only American to marry a woman from Chong Qing. When I was there I was positive nobody in the city had ever seen an American before.

My MM is also from Chongqing in fact her and Brians wife will be neighbors in another 2 weeks. When I was there like you, I thought nobody had ever saw a white man before I think everybody looked and kept looking, Hell I am not even tall.

Hi Dean,

My experience was similar, but they told the bride how lucky I was. I didn't meet many adults who could say much beyond "hello" in English.

(I think they all know that one) but I have never met such friendly people before. Very cheerful and not a shy person in the entire city.

Now if they could add more elevators.............................

I wanted to bring my blond haired 15 year old daughter with me, but the mother made that an impossibility. It's sad she had to miss an incredible experience because of my ex's spite.

Thank you Jerry. I realized after finding CFL that my time line was way off, but I was going by what the immigration attorney told me. My wife has been telling me one year, and stupid me argued with her about it.

Weiping - 1  :P

Marty - 0

Yup. My (ex) attorney told me exactly the same thing. This is what lead to us getting pregnant and having a child in China instead of the US. I said to my attorney, "My wife and I are very eager to start a family. Do you think it would cause any problems if we got pregnant?" The response was, "Not at all! It can only help your case."

Now at 11 months, pushing on a year, my wife had our child in a roach infested hospital and I am separated from my new son for extended periods of time. :angry:

What's that phrase? "Throwing pearls to swine." Maybe this is what paying for an immigration lawyer is. :P

Nope, did not eat in the restaurant. Had pictures taken outside though.

I believe my daughter, at 15 has the right to make the decision now, but I'd have to get a judge to agree. There wasn't time to do this.

Robhon, you said ex attorney. Did you get them to give you a refund or did you eat the cost? I'm a little ticked with mine right now. I should have known better, but since they haven't submitted my petition yet I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund, and do it myself.

11 months? Gee, that seems way out of wack. Especially if you have a child involved.

Guest blsqueaky

I believe my daughter, at 15 has the right to make the decision now, but I'd have to get a judge to agree. There wasn't time to do this.

Robhon, you said ex attorney. Did you get them to give you a refund or did you eat the cost? I'm a little ticked with mine right now. I should have known better, but since they haven't submitted my petition yet I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund, and do it myself.

11 months? Gee, that seems way out of wack. Especially if you have a child involved.

Marty, it is a shame that your daughter was now able to make the trip with you. There is also someone else on CFL that had the same problem, wanted to take daughter with him on a trip to China, and ex said no way, and for this I feel for you. Such a learning experience. I know that when I visit Ling, and walk along the Pearl River, the people that stop and try and talk to me, it shows that they are learning, and doing their darn best to get along.

As far as the atty, I hope that it was not Lally.

Well, regardless of how miffed I am at how things have gone with my attorney, I still think she's a nice person. She told me she would go through and see how much time they have put into our case. She said she'd give a refund based on that. Although, I have not see a check yet. I'm also kind of imagining her boss (managing partner, or whatever) isn't going to be real happy with the results. I know they've put something like 6 or 8 hours into my case. Based on their published billing rates the refund should be most of what I've paid them so far.

I don't think 11 months is THAT far out of whack. I've seen many that have been far longer and most seem to take about a year. A few are shorter. But, yeah, with a child, it's completely unreasonable.

Hi BIsqeaky,

Did you mean Lolly as in Holmes and Lolly? I hope not, but if you did and you are telling me it was a big mistake that is so sad. Mr. Lolly is married to a Chinese lady. I would expect a person in his position to put his best effort into cases involving his wife's own countrymen (women).

Hey robhon,

I have met a few really nice attorneys. My divorce attorney was very compassionate. He actually took my case personally, and continued to help me, at no charge, with problems with the ex years later. I am unfortunately using his services today to fight a suit by the ex for more child support. Two years to go and she won't let it go. And they wonder why we look outside the USA for true love. bitter, bitter, bitter.

Your attorney seems to be one of the rare concerned ones. I hope you get the check soon. I have a feeling if I attempt to cancel the contract with my immigration attorney I will have a fight on my hands.

Hi BIsqeaky,

Did you mean Lolly as in Holmes and Lolly? I hope not, but if you did and you are telling me it was a big mistake that is so sad. Mr. Lolly is married to a Chinese lady. I would expect a person in his position to put his best effort into cases involving his wife's own countrymen (women).

Hey robhon,

I have met a few really nice attorneys. My divorce attorney was very compassionate. He actually took my case personally, and continued to help me, at no charge, with problems with the ex years later. I am unfortunately using his services today to fight a suit by the ex for more child support. Two years to go and she won't let it go. And they wonder why we look outside the USA for true love. bitter, bitter, bitter.

Your attorney seems to be one of the rare concerned ones. I hope you get the check soon. I have a feeling if I attempt to cancel the contract with my immigration attorney I will have a fight on my hands.

I asked Holmes and Lolly and the response was 11 months K1, 6 months Thailand K3 $1800 either way, I filled myself K1 $110

Guest blsqueaky
Hi BIsqeaky,

Hey robhon,

I asked Holmes and Lolly and the response was 11 months K1, 6 months Thailand K3 $1800 either way, I filled myself K1 $110

Hey Marty, yes the same. I asked, was told the price and time and figured I could do my self. Also because of something that I was told one time, not sure if true, but it stuck in the back of my mind, and that was that if an atty made a small mistake on a form, then INS did not look favorably since they were supposed to know what do to, but if I made a small mistake, and they could fix there, then they would. Like I said, not sure if true or not.