How best to find out when GUZ sends the P3?

What's the best way to find out when GUZ is ready to receive your P3 back? Do you just keep emailing them at random times after you get NVC Out, or randomly after some recommended delay time from NVC Out?

I think I read in the FAQ they will send out P3 even before name checks are done. Will they send out on electronic receipt of packet or only on physical receipt. We just want to time it as good as possible to send the P3 in, its ready to go (and we really do have all the needed docs for the interview).

Lee

I see this answer in another thread:

---

The CONSULATE in Guangzhou tends to "Receive" NVC packages about 3 months after NVC sends them, and then sends out P3 around that time, so expect P-3 sometime 3 or 4 months after NVC out.

To get status call DOS Visa services here TALK TO AN OPERATOR.

202-663-1225

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

---

Since we are K1 not electronic processing but I thought it was said that all packets are being sent electronic to GUZ but followed with the paper?

The electronic transfer of I-129F cases to GUZ is still in flux, from all recent K-Visa cases posted about, the Three month customs delay still seems to be the case for K-Visas.

Unfortunately the timelines chart isn't getting updated much anymore, probably because people aren't reporting so much but if you see last year around May there was a substantial improvement in the NVC Out and P3 times to under a month consistently through whatever dates were reported after that.

I'll have to try and look through some recent timelines in peoples' sigs to see what's really happening now. There were a couple people right in front of me on the timeline, so I will take a look at whats going on with them as good guidance.

Here's one (K1):

------

16-Mar-2010 NOA-2

XX-Mar-2010 NVC Received

XX-Mar-2010 Sent to GUZ Consulate

24-Mar-2010 GUZ Consulate Received

01-Apr-2010 P-3 Received from GUZ

--------

Seems like its still moving pretty good, so I'll stay optimistic :lol:

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)