I-130, I-864 questions

1) to those who have inside knowledge: after I-130 approval, what does NVC/GUZ get from USCIS? Only the approval notice, or the entire package with all "front-load" pages?

2) to those of you who have petitioned for 2 applicants together such as wife & step child (on same trip), did you use just one I-864 and pay $70 for both, or did you have to submit the same I-864 twice and pay 2x$70 ?

Dan:

one more - for AOS filing, is there a $70 fee for I-864 in addition to the $1010 I-485 cost?

Nope, $70 is a fee paid to NVC when processing an immigrant visa petition as in (CR-1 or IR-1)

Filing Fee :

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

1) to those who have inside knowledge: after I-130 approval, what does NVC/GUZ get from USCIS? Only the approval notice, or the entire package with all "front-load" pages?

2) to those of you who have petitioned for 2 applicants together such as wife & step child (on same trip), did you use just one I-864 and pay $70 for both, or did you have to submit the same I-864 twice and pay 2x$70 ?

If you are applying for the petitions at the same time, you only pay one AOS fee and submit one I-864. I just did this a few weeks ago, CR-1 & CR-2 filed together. Now the IV fee is different, you will pay $400 for each applicant. The online fee collection site will advise you at the time of payment. Good luck! Jeff

Edited by Jeff&Qingyun (see edit history)

If you are applying for the petitions at the same time, you only pay one AOS fee and submit one I-864. I just did this a few weeks ago, CR-1 & CR-2 filed together. Now the IV fee is different, you will pay $400 for each applicant. The online fee collection site will advise you at the time of payment. Good luck! Jeff

Excellent, I looked it up, yes just one I-864 and fee.

Accompanying Family Members

Does each accompanying family member need separate documents if they are traveling with the principal applicant?

Accompanying dependents who immigrate with the principal applicant must have a signed original or a photocopy of the principal applicant's signed (not required to be notarized) Form I-864 and I-864A (if needed). Copies may only be used for dependents whose names appear on the principal's original forms.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...#family_members