Question / Concern about the dates on the DS-230 in relation to the dates of residency. My Wife moved from Nanning to Guangzhou Earlier than what appears on her police reports.

So, If my wife actually moved from one city to another, say on the 1st of April 2000, but the Police report reflects "No Crimes Committed From 4 April 2001 - 22 January 2010".

What date should I use on the DS-230? Actuall Physcial Date she moved, or the date reflected on the Police certificate?

I hope I am not confusing anyone.. i really want these documents to be without question from the view point of our "friends" at the Guangzhou Consulate.

thank You

Dan

Question / Concern about the dates on the DS-230 in relation to the dates of residency. My Wife moved from Nanning to Guangzhou Earlier than what appears on her police reports.

So, If my wife actually moved from one city to another, say on the 1st of April 2000, but the Police report reflects "No Crimes Committed From 4 April 2001 - 22 January 2010".

What date should I use on the DS-230? Actuall Physcial Date she moved, or the date reflected on the Police certificate?

I hope I am not confusing anyone.. i really want these documents to be without question from the view point of our "friends" at the Guangzhou Consulate.

thank You

Dan

Our friends at the Guangzhou Consulate, my my that is a first!!!! :lol:

thank You

Dan

Our friends at the Guangzhou Consulate, my my that is a first!!!! :lol:

as you can see it is in quotes.........

I would go with the actual dates she lived there. You could try to get another police report to cover those dates. If you can't probably the worst that would happen would be a blue slip asking for a new police report.

thank You

Dan

My wife moved around also but she never changed her Hukou (as with almost all Chinese people). Her police certificate came from her home town and just simply stated there was no record of her ever committing an offense during her residence in China.

You will need the police report to cover her entire residence in China since the age of 16. Did she change her Hukou when she moved?

If not you only need one police certificate from her registered hometown -- not a police certificate from every city she ever lived in while in China. If she changed her hometown registeration than you would (I guess) need one from each location she had her hukou registered.

If all else fails then email GUZ and ask them. They are not perfect but they are not so bad either --- they will answer your questions.