Blue. What shall I do?

My mother accompanied my son to interview this morning. They were told the custodial paper (Agreement in Chinese and signed by me and my ex, as part of the divorce decree) shall be notarized and mailed to the address(...).

Can I go to a notary office in Guangzhou and have an express service to have the agreement notarized, then mailed to the required address? How long will the notary take? Does my son need to go to the Consulate again? How shall he get his visa? I'm totally lost. This is not what we had expected. Appreciate any advice. Waiting on line.

We got blue because we don't have a notarized custody paper in English. The proof of my custody for my son was a statement on one page of my divorce cert. My divorce notary somehow did not include that statement. When NVC requested notary paper in Feb, I asked NVC is we need to have the custody notarized. I was told they only need the original. I emailed the original to NVC and they said it's ok and passed it to GUZ. Then we got problem at the interview.

Now I'm doing a notary in Guangzhou saying "I have custody of my son and am the sole conservator of my son."

1. How long does an express notary service take?

2. It seems the review of supplemental info can take months. Is there a timeline? I remember a member's signature shows blue slip at interview, EMS supplemental arrived next day, and got pink several days later. Can I do that?

3. If the visa is approved months later, will the Consulate mail the visa to us? Then how shall we pay for the mail? or we need to come to Guangzhou to pick up the visa?

I am so frustrated:(

1) Most notary offices will translate and notarize the translation as well as copy of document in a day or so.

2) I would suspect a few weeks, not months.

3) The send out a call-in letter, which will ask for passport to be turned in, the passport visa, and immigrations packet will be mailed to any of the approved locations. SEE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...hout-china.html

1) Most notary offices will translate and notarize the translation as well as copy of document in a day or so.

3) The send out a call-in letter, which will ask for passport to be turned in, the passport visa, and immigrations packet will be mailed to any of the approved locations. SEE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...hout-china.html

We tried several offices yesterday, no one would do because My Hukou is not in Guangzhou nor do I work in Guangzhou. Will try more today.

Does anyone know if I have a public notary in the US provide a notary of custody for me, will the Consulate accept it? I can easily have it notarized here. One of my classmates and the secretary at our firm are both notaries.

We tried several offices yesterday, no one would do because My Hukou is not in Guangzhou nor do I work in Guangzhou. Will try more today.

Does anyone know if I have a public notary in the US provide a notary of custody for me, will the Consulate accept it? I can easily have it notarized here. One of my classmates and the secretary at our firm are both notaries.

My personal opinion is to get a "white book" notary translation of this important document done in the notary office of your Hukou. Otherwise you run the risk of more delays and problems.

My personal opinion is to get a "white book" notary translation of this important document done in the notary office of your Hukou. Otherwise you run the risk of more delays and problems.

yeah, that is what we think. We couldn't afford more delay. The safest way is go to my hometown. I am asking my friend there to make sure what we need to bring over there to have the custody paper notarized. Hope we will get visa in May and catch my flight to US in early June.

• 2 weeks later...

The notarized custody paper was delivered on 4/3 to GUZ Consulate. Anybody has an estimate how long it takes to send the call in letter? I know one recent case took 4 weeks or so. And how long it takes from turning in the Passport to the visa packet mailed out if we opt mail. Can someone other than the applicant go to GUZ to personally turn in Passport and receive the visa packet at the post office? That will take 3 days for sure. But the question is can I do this? My return ticked is on 6/3. Are 8 weeks enough for us to expect the visa packet? Which way is best? Thanks a million!