East Meets West For The First Time, Pt 1

Another option is to take the paperwork to the US embassy or consulate American Citizen Services office and a request proof of marrigability document. You will need copies of previous divorces, birth certificate and your passport and $55. You will have to swear you are legal to be married and they will give you the document translated and everything. This worked for me in Wuhan. Hope this helps. Bob

Cross your fingers for me that the faxes work, otherwise it could be a long trip.  ShuPing insists that we can not sleep together until we are married, the wedding is set for Dec 24, though we had hoped to get the license on the 16th or 17th.

Ahem! My wife said the same thing. Three days in China and......................Her idea not mine. License? Hey, on the 16th or 17th your married ! Marriage certificate, not license.

Does anyone have any last minute advice before I go?

Gee....this should have opened the do to many Top !0 lists. I can't believe you didn't get the number one suggestion for a successful, enjoyful trip. Geez....CFL really let you down on this one. Let me be the one who really shows I care by providing you the one piece of advice I wished I would have followed:

CONDOMS!!!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-023.gif

Well, I'm glad to see you haven't changed. :)

NEVER....

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-014.gif

You know...

The condom thing would have been good to know about 12 hours ago when I still had the ability to get some. I did throw an old one in the suitcase. Are those things reusable?

I'm all packed, finishing up my last shift before taking off. I found out that Fed Ex sent my documents today, unfortunately a day late. Still I think the original plan will work. We should have them middle of next week.

I appreciate all the well wishes and good advice. Now it's time to put it all together.

I'll post an update when I can. :lol:

You know...

The condom thing would have been good to know about 12 hours ago when I still had the ability to get some.  I did throw an old one in the suitcase.  Are those things reusable?

I'm all packed, finishing up my last shift before taking off.  I found out that Fed Ex sent my documents today, unfortunately a day late.  Still I think the original plan will work.  We should have them middle of next week.

I appreciate all the well wishes and good advice.  Now it's time to put it all together.

I'll post an update when I can. :D

Have a great flight.