From pink to blue

I am new to this forum, but have a situation that I hope someone here could provide insight on.

We applied for our I-130 in November and had an interview about 10 days ago. My husband said that the interviewer seemed inexperienced and asked colleagues a lot of questions, but nevertheless ok'd the application and we went home happy with a pink sheet.

A week later we got his passport back and a request for documents - his resume, travel history, and information on his company. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you know what they are looking for?

Our bonafides are fine - we have been married 13 years. And he said we were ok financially - both income and assets. So I am not sure what they are looking for here...

Also - we have sent in the requested information. What kind of response time can we expect from Guangzhou Consulate?

Thanks.

It happens, I have even seen a white (Denial) after a pink.

The resume, and work info sounds like they suspect possible CCP membership.

Was he required to join the CCP in-order to work at his job? If so I hope this was not concealed from the consulate, you need to note this on the GNI-2 http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho..._Form_GNI-2.pdf (Question 7)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=532213

In the case of IR-1 spousal visa there is a question on part 2 of DS-230 (Question 40, C)

Asks:

who is a member of or affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party;
If was required to join for work reasons, I hope 40c was checked YES.

Noting CCP membership wont deny a visa, a blue usually results and evidence needed to do a waiver.

Some have even reported getting pink at interviw if providing evidence that CCP was a requirement of their work.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Nothing to do now but wait. It sounds like the supervisor of the new VO pointed out some possible flaws. I would guess he is just showing the new guy some things to look for. Unless as Dan mentioned there are some communist party issues all should go well. Even if there are a waiver is usually just a delay. Most people joined the party to get ahead in their job.