'B' Visa Refusal Rate for Chinese Steadily Dropping

I came across the DOS Refusal Rates by Nationality data for 'B' visas and was pleasantly surprised to find that they have been steadily dropping over the past 4 years for Chinese citizens. In 2006 the refusal rate was 24.5% for China but in 2009 it fell to 15.6%. Those numbers are very encouraging as I was expecting the refusal rate for China to be much higher than 15.6%. The rates are for B1 & B2 visas only but a decrease in the refusal rate for any visa is great news.

The following link is to a Visa Waiver Program document that has links for the past 4 years data on page 2. The figures are included in a Visa Waiver Program document because a nation's visa refusal rate is one of the criteria that are used in determining that nation's eligibility for the Visa Waiver Program.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/refusalratelanguage.pdf

I posted this in another thread recently. You will see that number drop even further for 2010. A family friend was a consulate worker in China and still keeps in contact with some there. Supposedly the approve rate for B visa's are running about 95% lately. Supposedly they have gotten more lenient in an attempt to booster tourism due to the economic situation.

I posted this in another thread recently. You will see that number drop even further for 2010. A family friend was a consulate worker in China and still keeps in contact with some there. Supposedly the approve rate for B visa's are running about 95% lately. Supposedly they have gotten more lenient in an attempt to booster tourism due to the economic situation.

I remember your post but I didn't see the statics for each country only that you had a connection there and I believed you.

Larry

I sure hope that you're right because I am going to start helping the in laws with applying for a B2 soon so that they can come for a visit at the end of the year.