Our situation - any red flags?

Hi ;

Move forward !!! If possible , come to be with her during the interview times . Give her your passport to show to the VO that you're there.

The purpose of K 1 is precisely for fiancee arrangement . There is no guarantee that fiancee will end up to be a wife . This is perfectly legal. As long as her motive for K1 is for being with you , not for immigration purpose only, I don't see the problem at all with your situation. My guess is the VO will ask her a lot about her past marriage and her kid / family . From the answers , they will determine the outcome. One thing I didn't catch is " was she divorced already when she first met you on line ??? " .

From my reading , there are many fraud cases in China whereby the women set up to divorce their current husbands in order to marry the foreigners so the they could emigrate and then later divorced the foreigners to remarry the former spouse. Despite of the law that states the aliens must file for petition to remove conditional status after 2 years, yet, in our country, the women could get waivers if they claimed that they were abused by the men. Now, you can see that the law could also be used to the advantage of fraud artists ! This is the reason why consulate process could be NASTY because this is the ONLY time they believe they still have control over our border. Once someone is in the country, there is little that the government can do.

David, just remember one little word about what you are preparing to do... the process with the DOS in Guangzhou China is ARBITRARY

You study up on DavidZ's FAQ ask questions, and any holes you feel you may have, write them up in an evolution of relationship letter to send in WITH your application.

After that, it's all like pickin' the lucky ducky when it comes time for the interview and what results you'll get.

My wife and I know personally of one woman who was married, went to Beijing to meet an American man, stayed with him one week, went home and divorced her husband...while the American guy filled out an application for her...one trip, the woman divorced her husband after she met and decided the American could give her a better deal...the interview...PINK

Another woman we know...met a guy for one time for 4 days...10 months later at the interview...PINK

The list goes on and on and on, we've seen oddball cases get pink, and strong cases get white.

Your question is a good question and you have many people here who are well versed on the process...but in the end...your wife/girlfriend will have to pick the lucky ducky out of the ducky pond attraction in Guangzhou.

Do your best with all your evidence, write up a good summary of your situation (EOR letter) and get your ...ahem...ducks in a row. It's all you can do with such an arbitrary situation. :lol:

Good luck, you should be just fine with the interview.

tsap seui