AOS K-1 checklist

I'm ready to send in the AOS package for my wife, below is my cover page, let me know if i'm missing anything!

Immediate (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application

1) Form G-1145

2) Form I-485

3) Check for $1010

4) Copy of no criminal history notarized police record

5) Copy of Chinese notarized birth certificate

6) Copy of Chinese passport including K-1 Visa

7) Copy of I-797 and I-797C, approval for I-129F

8) Copy of I-94 front and back

9) 2 Passport photos

10) Form G-325A

11) Form I-693 in a sealed envelope completed by Civil Surgeon

12) Certified copy of Marriage Certificate

13) Form I-864 completed by spouse/sponsor

14) Sponsor¡¯s W-2 form and copy of Federal income tax for 2009, W-2 forms and Federal income tax transcripts for 2008, 2007, 2006.

15) Sponsor¡¯s letter of employment verification

16) Sponsor¡¯s paystubs for past 6 months.

17) Form I-765

18) 2 Passport photos

19) Form I-131

20) 2 Passport photos

Thanks!

Dennis

Looks good however:

1) Another name for G-28?

4) Police record not required or requested by form I-485

12) Can be a simple photo-copy of the certified copy of marriage cert. I sent a plain old photo copy, per USCIS instructions.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

17) A photocopy of I-94 needs to be attached to the I-765,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead

I am also getting ready to file AOS.

If I may ask, which civil surgeon did you use and how much it cost?

Thanks.

I called about 30 Civil Surgeons in the Flushing area, half of them didn't exist or weren't filling out I-693 forms anymore. I went with Dr. Kabul Singh who was able to just transcribe the vaccination information from the yellow booklet onto form I-693 without doing a full medical. I printed out the K-1 instructions and showed him the exact line saying vaccination only, he asked to make a photocopy of it, I said he can keep it. I was quoted $60 on the phone but when I got there, they said they made a mistake over the phone and ended up charging me $150. I just paid it to get this over with.

Next cheapest quote I heard over the phone was Dr. Ha for $140. All others were $180+ and needs to do full medical as a "bundled package".

Looks good however:

G-1145 is the E-Notification form, I'm not doing a G-28.

I already bought 4 certified copies of the marriage certificate for this purpose so might as well send 1 in, $10 each + $5 search fee for the 1st one.

Thanks Dan, I needed your assurance that I have all my ducks in a row!

Looks good however:

G-1145 is the E-Notification form, I'm not doing a G-28.

I already bought 4 certified copies of the marriage certificate for this purpose so might as well send 1 in, $10 each + $5 search fee for the 1st one.

Thanks Dan, I needed your assurance that I have all my ducks in a row!

Remember I-485, I-765 and I-131 need to be treated as if you are sending them separately so again a copy of I-94 needs to be attached to the I-485 and another copy of I-94 needs to be attached to the I-765.

You should even bind the separate applications separated from each other, perhaps a large rubber band around each (1-485+G-325A+I-864+I-693) ---- (I-765) ---- (I-131) Just stuff the three applications together in same envelope and send to Chicago.

Note I-765 should be based on pending I-485 NOT K-1, I believe question 16 should show (C )(9 )

I've put them into 3 clear folders, each folder with its own set of passport photos, copies of passport, visa and I-94.

Stuffed the 3 folders into a priority mail envelope.

Mailed it out via registered mail today to the Chicago lockbox.

She's also gotten her SS card in the mail already, and we went down to the DMV and used the SS card, passport and marriage certificate to get her a non-driving state ID. Once that comes in the mail, we'll use that to get her added to my bank account as a join account.

Is there anything else that I should be doing?

Edited by Spekkio99 (see edit history)

I've put them into 3 clear folders, each folder with its own set of passport photos, copies of passport, visa and I-94.

She's also gotten her SS card in the mail already, and we went down to the DMV and used the SS card, passport and marriage certificate to get her a non-driving state ID. Once that comes in the mail, we'll use that to get her added to my bank account as a join account.

Relax and have a cold one :o Good luck to you

Relax and have a cold one :lol: Good luck to you

Yep, may I add :lol: