Okay, I think that I will let someone else anser this, but from what you have written,

married over there, filed both the I-130, then also filed the K-3, or the I-129F, which is the same as the I-129.

No, when wife receives the P-3 and P-4, she also will have to have the police certicate and medical and all of the rest that goes along with it.

Now if I am wrong here, I know that someone will correct me here.

oh not for us. we justgot married here and filed the I 130 right from the start and have stayed with it.

I was just trying to figure out some other the other routes people were taking.

As for a second round of forms if you get married during the process from a n I 129.. hmmm I don't see why you would have to do that. My point was.... you already have those forms filed so just ad on any new ones.. { DS 230?} and you are good to go.

As for the P4 or in our case the info packet from GZ yes we have to bring in all the supporting docs, second notorized copy of affadavit of support, police, medical, wedding books, etc... just no emails letters etc to prove we have a relationship.

WOW!!  Man, new people are just smokin' through the system these days!  You started in July and are just a hair behind me, and I started in January.  

The big problem is that people aren't "Just Smoking Through the System"

So much is based on the luck of the draw, and which line one seems to end up standing in..... Mine is invariably the longest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Service Center / Nebraska Service Center .... 6 months for NOA2

Vermont ... 2 months, or possibly even less.

NVC .... Anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

Ship to GZ, anywhere from 4 to 40 days.

GZ to P3, anywhere from 1 wk to 120 days.

P3 to P4 .....??????

P4 to interview ..... ?????

Thus, with any luck, Dean will be receiving his I-129 - P3 next week (5 months from I-129 to P3).

I am stuck at 3+ months waiting for my P3/P4 (Russian)

Natrigon is at 3+ months waiting for his NVC approval.

And, at any one step, the whole process can be ground to a halt for 6+ months by a minor thing like mispelling a name (generally by clerical staff). Generally, the things that stall the process have absolutely nothing to do with the individuals doing the application.

Heck, I was stunned to hear that some people have had applications delayed for months only because they HAND DELIVERED THEIR APPLICATIONS TO GZ.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh,

Here are some of the Moscow Interview Dates:

http://www.usembassy.ru/consular/wwwhci10.html

http://www.usembassy.ru/consular/wwwhcisk.html

Visa Types: CR1/2, IR1/2, E1/2/3/4, F, K1/2/3/4 and V1/2/3

MOS2002218022 WAC-02-128-50494 23-Dec-03

(start March, 2002, NVC assigned number, August 2002, 17 months total)

MOS2003782061 EAC-03-249-52004 13-Jan-04

Start in Vermont, September 17, 2003

NVC number assigned October 9, 2003

Interview Scheduled January 13, 2004

(4 MONTHS TOTAL WAIT Vermont to Interview)

MOS2003802057 EAC-03-257-51577 22-Jan-04

Start in Vermont, September 29, 2003

NVC number assigned October 11, 2003

Interview Scheduled January 22

(4 MONTHS TOTAL WAIT, VERMONT TO INTERVIEW).

MOS2003802060 MSC-03-298-61067 03-Feb-04

MSC, July 25, or Sept 13

NVC Number assigned on October 29.

Interview Scheduled Feb 04

(5 - 7 months total, depending on start date).

-----------------------

Heck, my application has been waiting for the P3/P4 from Moscow for nearly as long as the whole application process above, start to finish.

See above for visa types.... These probably are not sponsored by US Citizen Husbands and Fiancees........ :P

----- Clifford -----

I don't have time tonight to read all the posts, and maybe this is redundant, but I was in a similar situation. I was going to go the I-130 route all the way, but it was taking so long to get the approval (more than one year). So I filed the K3. It got to Guangzhou first, so I gave up on further processing of the I-130 and did not pay the DS-230 fee bill. HOWEVER, she will now come in as a non-immigrant and need the Adjustment of Status (AOS). With the I-130, she wouldn't need that.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have skipped the K3 and stuck with the I-130 because I don't think it made a difference at this point. Plus, now I have to do the AOS when she and her son gets here.

John

WOW!!  Man, new people are just smokin' through the system these days!  You started in July and are just a hair behind me, and I started in January.  

If I understand things correctly, your wife will receive the P3.  GZ will ship it out via EMS, the Chinese express mail system.  Watch out, though.  EMS delivers very quickly if your wife/fiance(e) lives in a major, easily accessed place.  They deliver to SZ practically overnight.  Our P3 was mailed out at the end of November and we've yet to receive it at my wife's parent's address in Hechuan (outside Chongqing).

You can, apparently (and we did), just download copies of the DS-230 and OF-169, fill those out and send them back without actually physically receiving the packet.  You do need the packet of stuff eventually.  Once GZ "says" they sent the P3 there's just no sense in waiting.

Robhon;

How did you deal with the no barcode page when you sent in your DS 230? we will be sending ours back to NVC as we are a CR1, Married started with a I 130 immigrant visa process.

As far as we know this P3 packet has the agent form, the affidavit of support form and the DS 230 form {bio data part 1}.. oh yes and the BARCODE :blink: :blink:

It seems the last round is from GZ for us and would be the P4 or medical, instruction and part 2 of bio form.

Mark

So, essentially there are TWO P3's in the end of everything. (Is this right?) There is the P3 generated by the K-visa application and another that comes via the whole I-130 process. Right???

I'm hoping it's the I-130 generated form (from NVC?) that has the bar code on it. Others (K-generated folks) were also sending in generic downloaded forms same as me. I'm hoping that we all don't get our cases kicked out because of this.

Can anyone clarify things on this subject???

i don't think it is really 2 P3's as a P3 is just packet number 3 which includes such and such forms and either way you have to fill out the same forms. It seems the DS 230 form may be the one for i 130 people fill out and the I129 people don't get.

But if get married they get that form to fill out??

Oh just checked at BCIS our I 130 was approved on july 9th/ 2003 which is almost 4 months from our feb 12 th start at the vermont service center. So I guess not bad timing. As for the affidavit of support and ds 230 fee bills from NVS hmmm I think I remember it was around the end of aug we got them.