Help with chats

ok, she is here and I thought I had everything ready to go :lol: . I am running vista and can not figure out how she can type on her QQ and yahoo chats in Chinese. Is there a program I need to buy that will allow this? I have the Chinese language installed that came with vista but this is very confusing to me and still can not figure how to type chinese in chats or on a word documnent.

Any help would be great. She did bring a Chinese copy of Windows XP SP3 with her but I will not install this :lol:

Just looked at the website and its changed.

If you google powerwordpe_s (name of the exe file that you need to install) you will find it easy.

Edited to add:

Found it on here

http://news.hilaowo.cn/?action-blogdetail-uid-1-id-19

If you scroll all the way to the bottom you will see download links to this software.

I like this software because when you mouse over any word it will give you the Chinese translation

Fen uses it to read CFL, specially my posts... :lol:

Edited by Sam and Fen (see edit history)

Go to the control panel and select Clock, language, region. From there you will be able to see how to change the keyboard. You will have to add "Chinese (Simplified) Microsoft Pinyin ABC Input Style." You will then see EN on the task bar. Click on it and it will change to CH then you are ready to go.

Easy to add Chinese language support and the IME to Vista/7 OS

1. Open control panel
  2. Under Clock,Language, Region select change KBD and other input methods
  3. Select Keyboards and Languages Tab
  4. Select Change keyboards..
  5. Click Add
  6. Select Chinese (Simplified, PRC)
  7. Then expand Keyboard
  8. Check Chinese - MS Pinyin ABC Input and MS Pinyin New Experience
  9. Click Apply
  10. And OK out of the Dialog Boxes

You should have an "EN" down near the clock on the toolbar this allows switching input language.