As I read the next steps, after NOA2 (still waiting) we are eligible for electronic filing. I have read and re-read most threads about this process. However, there is still confusion. As I read this I see two email addresses. one is Electronic Processing E-mail Address for Guangzhou: NVCGuangzhou@state.gov and the other is: NVCElectronic@state.gov.

BUT: Reading on even more it says this:

"If you decide to participate, you must send an e-mail to the Post-specific Electronic Processing email address referenced in the Eligibility PDF you previously read. When completing the e-mail:" In this Eligibility PDF, the PDF references the NVCGuangzhou@state.gov email address.

So in my fits of confusion, which email address do we send to first?

NVCElectronic@state.gov or NVCGuangzhou@state.gov ?

Can some please clarify this for me?

Thank You

Dan

As I read the next steps, after NOA2 (still waiting) we are eligible for electronic filing. I have read and re-read most threads about this process. However, there is still confusion. As I read this I see two email addresses. one is Electronic Processing E-mail Address for Guangzhou: NVCGuangzhou@state.gov and the other is: NVCElectronic@state.gov.

BUT: Reading on even more it says this:

"If you decide to participate, you must send an e-mail to the Post-specific Electronic Processing email address referenced in the Eligibility PDF you previously read. When completing the e-mail:" In this Eligibility PDF, the PDF references the NVCGuangzhou@state.gov email address.

So in my fits of confusion, which email address do we send to first?

NVCElectronic@state.gov or NVCGuangzhou@state.gov ?

Can some please clarify this for me?

Thank You

Dan

NVCGuangzhou has been dropped a while back, the correct email address to use when Opting in is NVCElectronic@state.gov

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/electronic/GUZ...L-0004-1002.pdf

Brought up on VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244011

• 2 weeks later...

does this mean K-1 Visa is not eligible for electronic processing?

we are doing K-1, received NOA2 approved on March 16.

I am actually in China right now with SO, so I will not get to see the actual notice for a while, but it would be nice to do the interview while I am still here (until June 10).

Could anyone please advise. Much appreciated.

I am actually in China right now with SO, so I will not get to see the actual notice for a while, but it would be nice to do the interview while I am still here (until June 10).

K1 is not eligible for electronic processing,,,

thanks for the fast reply. I have another question, somewhat related;

do you think it is reasonable to assume - if we have all of our ducks in a row - that we could get an interview before June 10?

I ask this because my China visa expires on May 5 and my 90 days is over on June 10. If her interview will likely be after that, then I could 'easily' take a side trip to say - Thailand or Japan, to get out of my current 90 day timeline, then return after a few days to start a new timeline without having to get a new China visa.

Or, is it easy to extend a stay to accommodate the interview since I am here. I hope to avoid returning to the US only to apply for a new visa and then return to China for her interview (in say - late June or July). But if this is likely the case, I would LOVE to have some insight.

I know this is a tricky question but I appreciate any guestimates since I only have 1.7 months until mine expires.

K1 is not eligible for electronic processing,,,

Correct, K-1 uses I-129F, Electronic is for I-130 cases. NVC does some processing of K-1 then sends it on to the consulate there is no interaction with petitioner or benificiary with NVC. They may scan the file and send it that by Safe-File but little is known about that, have been seeing the normal 2-3 month shipping from NVC to Guangzhou though.