:D :D :D What a relief finally all the papers sent in and a NOA Received for awhile it seemed it would never happen. At least now I can settle in for the long wait. LinMei had such a hard time getting everything done on her side. Both of us feel much better now. Knowing that we would have a long wait after the Petition was sent in. It was very frustrating knowing the wait had not even started yet. Time to relax a little bit. At least I am going to China to see her I will be going March 3rd for three weeks I allready bought the tickets. Now I guess its just waiting for NOA 2. Dave it sounds like if your not careful you will be Literally in the Dog House. Ive been there before. at least here in Hawaii its never cold. :rolleyes: ;)

Congratulations on the first step of a long road. What service center did you have to use? If you have to go through NSC they have the processing time down to about 145 days now instead of the 180 -220 they were doing a few months ago. They have made great strides reducing the backlog. Good luck and a record speed visa.

Carl

Unfortunately, CSC has slowed down somewhat the last few months.  I think an update or two ago, they actually went backwards. They're at the NSC/TSC level of performance now...  ;)

Jerry

Oh, Great..... Decelerating...... That isn't a good sign..... 6 months now, what comes next?

Imagine how quickly Vermont would get burried if people actually had a choice of which office to use.

----- Clifford -----

Yes Western service center in Ca. That is where I have to file because I live in Hawaii. When I filed in 1987 there for a Spousal visa they were pretty fast about three months. But they losst my application and it took eight months. Pretty funny or I should say sad that eight months was an exceptionally long time then and now any of would be sooooooooooo!!! Happy to get it all done in Eight months now! :P :angry: :( ;) ;) Oh Well What can I say. Thanks everyone I am just glad its moving now even if so slowly. All I can do is pray it gets faster for everyone in the near future!!

Best of luck for a speedy applicaion process.

Where did you apply?  California?

Rumor has it that they did a major push to catch up a couple of years ago (using some questionable means), and are generally not too bad now.

Good Luck,

Clifford

I ran across the news paper article on that incident. Thought you would like to read it.

Ex-INS workers indicted in paper-shredding case

Up to 90,000 documents reportedly destroyed

John M. Broder, New York Times Friday, January 31, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles -- Two former employees of a huge Immigration and Naturalization Service data processing center in Laguna Niguel (Orange County) have been indicted by a federal grand jury, charged with deliberately shredding tens of thousands of documents from last February to April.

The employees, Dawn Randall, 24, and Leonel Salazar, 34, are accused of ordering low-level workers to destroy as many as 90,000 documents to reduce a growing backlog of unprocessed paperwork.

Among the destroyed papers, federal officials charged, were American and foreign passports, applications for asylum, birth certificates and other documents supporting applications for citizenship, visas and work permits.

Randall was the file room manager at the INS center, which handles paperwork for residents of California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii and Guam. The center handles tens of thousands of pieces of mail a day and, like other agency operations, is plagued with inefficiency and backlogs lasting months. The Laguna Niguel center is one of four immigration service centers around the country operated by private contractors under INS supervision.

Salazar was a file room supervisor working under Randall.

According to the federal indictment filed late Wednesday, Randall ordered her subordinates last January to count the number of unprocessed papers in the filing center. They reported that about 90,000 documents were waiting to be handled. In February, the government says, she ordered at least five night- shift workers to begin shredding many boxes of papers.

By the end of March, the backlog had been reduced to zero, and Randall ordered her subordinates to continue destroying incoming paper to keep current,

the government alleges.

"There was no INS policy that required this, nor was she ordered to do it by any superior, as far as we know," said Greg Staples, the assistant U.S. attorney handling the case. "The only motive we can think of is just the obvious one of a manager trying to get rid of a nettlesome problem."

Randall and Salazar were each charged with conspiracy and five counts of willfully destroying documents filed with the INS. The conspiracy charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison. Each of the other counts can bring three years in prison.

Their subordinates were not charged because they were low-level workers acting on instructions, the government said.

Randall's attorney, Joseph Cavallo, said Thursday that she would plead not guilty at her arraignment on Monday.

Salazar's attorney, Tom Brown, did not return calls seeking comment.