Anyone use third party help?

Hi everybody. Newbie here. I was just wondering if anyone has used a third party to help with the visa process and to what success? In particular I saw and ad on Internet for a service provided by Fred Wahl. It seemed to be comprehensive. Thanks in advance for any help.

David

No one cares about your visa petition more than you do. Even if you hire someone else you still have to gather the information. Unless there are extenuating circumstance do it yourself. All the information you need is here on CFL.

No one cares about your visa petition more than you do. Even if you hire someone else you still have to gather the information. Unless there are extenuating circumstance do it yourself. All the information you need is here on CFL.

Ditto, we have done our immigrations process from I-129F petition filing for fiancee visa all the way to filing I-751 to remove conditions from the CR-Green-card.

Unless you have big red-flags to deal with you should be able to DIY.

Also a third party helper cannot make the process go any faster.

I used an attorney friend as well as the community here at CFL. Carol, was able to give me some insight that CFL couldn't, and vice-versa.

I do think that it is unrealistic that CFL or another "third party" is going to carry the load for you. You have to do your part. You have to make sure the information you provide is accurate as well as double check what someone else does on your behalf.

I'm not an attorney hater. To be honest, even though I did have Carol Armstrong on my side, I still did most of the work (form preparation) myself. She simply double checked what I did and offered advice when needed (we did the DCF route).

I am thankful for what both Carol and CFL have brought to the table. If you do decide to go the legal assistance route, do some research first. Not all immigration counselors are created equal.

More information on Carol,

http://www.armstrongvisalaw.com/

My attitude is if you have to gather all the info and double check everything the lawyer does then you may as well save the money and do it yourself.

Why not do the opposite!

Download and fill out all of your forms. Take them to an attorney who specializes in immigration and have them double check your work (make sure that you dotted the I¡¯s and crossed your T¡¯s) and pay them for a half an hour¡¯s fee or an hour, depending on how complicated your file is. Most immigration attorneys will agree to this especially if it¡¯s easy money for them.

Keep in mind that normally a lawyer will have their legal assistants fill out the forms and then they review them based on the information a client provides.

So the most that you will have to pay could be between $200-$400. Money well spent and at the same time saving you the hassles of a form being sent back because you inadvertently forgot to put something on your form.

Edited by Urkidding (see edit history)