Questions' list for GZ interview on 3-29-2010

We got P4 appointment letter that my son's interview date is 3-29-2010. I'm not familiar with some of the documents required.

1. "Correspondence Instructions" - C

Should we ask GUZ to send my son "Correspondence Instructions" or they will be part of "GUZ P3 Supplement" which I guess will be sent to my son later but before 3/29.

2. "Immigration Visa Application" - S

Is this I-130 or something else? The original one should be with NVC now. What we have is just a copy. We don't have the original one.

3."Financial Evidence" - S

Our W-2? If yes, we need to mail it to my son.

4. "GUZ P3 Supplement" - A

I hope it will reach my son before 3/20. Otherwise we may need to re-schedule date of interview?

Other questions about the interview:

5. My parents will take him to GUZ. Can my parents enter GUZ or only the applicant (minor) is admitted in the building?

6. If passed, my son gets all necessary doc at once or they'll be mailed to my son later?

7. This interview came a little earlier than we thought. I'll be free in 5/10 -5/31. If I reschedule, is that possible that we can pick a day or let GUZ pick a day within that range? Is that negotiable?

Any advice is much appreciated!

We got P4 appointment letter that my son's interview date is 3-29-2010. I'm not familiar with some of the documents required.

1. "Correspondence Instructions" - C

Should we ask GUZ to send my son "Correspondence Instructions" or they will be part of "GUZ P3 Supplement" which I guess will be sent to my son later but before 3/29.

I wondered about this one also but I did nothing with it. I assumed it meant if I had questions to call GUZ.

2. "Immigration Visa Application" - S

Is this I-130 or something else? The original one should be with NVC now. What we have is just a copy. We don't have the original one.

This is the DS-230 form you completed, scanned and sent to NVC. They need the original signed application. It is the IV Application

3."Financial Evidence" - S

Our W-2? If yes, we need to mail it to my son.

This is the AOS (I-864) package you completed, scanned and sent to NVC. They need the original signed package.4. "GUZ P3 Supplement" - A

I hope it will reach my son before 3/20. Otherwise we may need to re-schedule date of interview?

You can email the form (or have your parents download and print out from GUZ) to your parents and let them fill it out. Reschedule the interview for this is borderline insane.

Other questions about the interview:

5. My parents will take him to GUZ. Can my parents enter GUZ or only the applicant (minor) is admitted in the building?

They can enter the building. Since he is a minor I would also assume they can go into the interview waiting area with him but email or call GUZ and ask them.

6. If passed, my son gets all necessary doc at once or they'll be mailed to my son later?

He will be treated like all the others. He will have to pay the visa processing fee and request it to be mailed to your parents home (if it can be done) or have to come back in a few days to pick up the passport/visa.

7. This interview came a little earlier than we thought. I'll be free in 5/10 -5/31. If I reschedule, is that possible that we can pick a day or let GUZ pick a day within that range? Is that negotiable?

Best of luck with that but you can email or call and ask. Since he is a minor maybe they will give you extra consideration.

Any advice is much appreciated!

1) Letter sent out with P-4

2) DS-230

3) I-864 + (Financial Evidence sent with the I-864)

4) Download from here: (GZO if scanned and sent documents to NVC, GUZ if mailed documents the old way) http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

5) Normally a parent is allowed to accompany a minor, not sure about a grand parent. ASK Here: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/im...t-question.html

6) Still pays the mailing fee and picks up at post office or package is mailed to an address in cities or provinces listed here: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ch...hout-china.html

7) Yes can reschedule, however you cant pick the day the consulate will. Can email them here: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/im...t-question.html