Joint sponsor on I-864

I will be able to use my mother to do a joint sponsor but a little confused on the directions.

In part 1, would she be the joint sponsor or e, the first joint sponsor

Part 4, 19. asks for proof. Would her passport or drivers license work?

Also a little confused about Part 5. She has her own residence so how should she answer that? If she answers 1 on a) then that brings the total to 2 on h), but she lives alone.

Part 6, 24. does she check d) since I will be filing my (our) I-864 with her joint I-864?

Thanks,

You are still primary sponsor so will still provide an I-864

Mother will check 1, D Only Joint Sponsor.

Any on can get a DL it is not proof of citizenship unless it is an "Enhanced DL"

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/09/16/nyregion/license533.jpg

US Birth cert, Naturalization Cert, or a copy of US Passport shows citizenship, or if not a citizen, then a copy of green-card shows LPR status.

Part 5 #21, a is ONE for the person being sponsored, and 21, b is ONE for self, so 21 h will be TWO. The person being sponsored is counted for reason of the poverty guide has to be able to show supporting self, members of household AND the intending immigrant.

Part 6 #24 has to do with members of household ADDING their income to that of a joint sponsor or primary sponsor, that member of household would provide an I-864A, it is NOT checked and does NOT apply in your case.

You are still primary sponsor so will still provide an I-864

Mother will check 1, D Only Joint Sponsor.

Any on can get a DL it is not proof of citizenship unless it is an "Enhanced DL"

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/09/16/nyregion/license533.jpg

US Birth cert, Naturalization Cert, or a copy of US Passport shows citizenship, or if not a citizen, then a copy of green-card shows LPR status.

Part 5 #21, a is ONE for the person being sponsored, and 21, b is ONE for self, so 21 h will be TWO. The person being sponsored is counted for reason of the poverty guide has to be able to show supporting self, members of household AND the intending immigrant.

Part 6 #24 has to do with members of household ADDING their income to that of a joint sponsor or primary sponsor, that member of household would provide an I-864A, it is NOT checked and does NOT apply in your case.

Dan, this photo of you has definitely been enhanced...