g-325a employment history

I'll break rank here and say that her past employment history is not that important. As long as she doesn't hide anything that might relate to a Communist party membership, or any national security issue she will be fine.

My wife wrote "unemployed", rather than try to go into any detail about friends she's assisted in shops, or stuff like that.

They're not looking to trip anybody up here - just things that might affect visa issuance. A general summary or a sampling should do the trick.

I will aggree with this.

Yes under the table jobs need not be listed. And yes if a job required party membership then YES list it.

DO NOT HIDE from the CCP issue, if was a member for work, then expose this red flag and DEAL with it.

I'll break rank here and say that her past employment history is not that important. As long as she doesn't hide anything that might relate to a Communist party membership, or any national security issue she will be fine.

My wife wrote "unemployed", rather than try to go into any detail about friends she's assisted in shops, or stuff like that.

They're not looking to trip anybody up here - just things that might affect visa issuance. A general summary or a sampling should do the trick.

Today, that might be the case. Tomorrow, who the hell knows. Leniency for immigrants is at an all time low and still trending down. Why take chances?

Today, that might be the case. Tomorrow, who the hell knows. Leniency for immigrants is at an all time low and still trending down. Why take chances?

I would give her some leniency - it's her application to be filled out, after all. She knows her work history and what her friends are saying about it.

Your choice.

Just curious, how long have you dealt with the phenomenon:

"advice of Chinese friends"?

In other words, how long have you known Cupcake and been exposed to Chinese culture?

Bottom line is this: no matter how I much I love her, I'll not risk having kids with her and seeing her get sent back to China on account of breaking stupid rules to made up to fluff some demagogues feathers.

That visa application isn't going in until her complete work history on that form.

I think your not quite aware of the entire process; she can't get here and be returned until they find something at that stage after she is here; we're talking about an issue of whether she even gets into the US or not, not about if she gets returned. Once here, small chance anything causes her to return.

You sound full of absolutes; and you say your not willing to risk immigration issues, but sounds like your willing to risk relationship issues.

I will tell you this.........if you make her list all of these jobs and she gets a blue or white slip because of WAY TOO MUCH INFO, you will be in the doghouse forever and she will probably dump you.

Don't listen to us........after all.......what do we know? :huh:

Guest jin979

I will aggree with this.

Yes under the table jobs need not be listed. And yes if a job required party membership then YES list it.

DO NOT HIDE from the CCP issue, if was a member for work, then expose this red flag and DEAL with it.

I agree with this keep it simple cup cake has a name ?

I will aggree with this.

I agree with this keep it simple cup cake has a name ?

The Cupcake is known to others as NingNing.

We have come to a compromise I am comfortable with. It won't involve listing every job she ever had, just every job I know about. I told her that remembering who got told what and keeping it all straight is very hard work and I'm just too lazy for that.

I think your not quite aware of the entire process; she can't get here and be returned until they find something at that stage after she is here; we're talking about an issue of whether she even gets into the US or not, not about if she gets returned. Once here, small chance anything causes her to return.

I am quite aware of the process.

NingNing has no loyalty at all to any employer she has ever had. Given all the young people, perma temps and employees in the US who change jobs every few months, the pattern of having many jobs is familiar enough that listing even 15 or 20 employers couldn't possibly be a red flag.

On the other hand, the deportation grounds checklist includes "preparing any immigration application or evidence with knowledge or reckless disregard for the fact it was falsely made or does not apply to the person referred to".

I can't possibly weigh the risks here; all I know is that white on the K1 we can cope with, and deportation would suck a lot more.

You sound full of absolutes; and you say your not willing to risk immigration issues, but sounds like your willing to risk relationship issues.

I consider the whole notion of "relationship risks" rather silly.

NingNing appreciates that I always tell her the truth, even when it's not so comfortable. Not accepting the first version of the form affirmed that I live that way all the time and not just when it's easy.

NingNing appreciates that I give my best and get the job done. Disagreeing with her about the best way to fill out the form tells her that I won't knuckle under when it comes to supporting her and our future family.

Ningning also appreciates very much that I am gentle with her. Insisting on changes without being an ass about it, showed her we could have disagreements and things would be OK.

No sir, minor disagreements are meaningless in the big scheme of things. On the other hand, keeping the peace at the expense of my values, that will kill the relationship dead as a doornail.

Edited by Christopher (see edit history)