Hi everyone,

I am new here.

I received I130 and I129 approval notices last week, but the I129f says "valid from 2/19/2010 to 6/18/2010".

Is this normal? Does it mean CIS allows 4 exact months for us to complete the K3 process?

GUZ website says people tend to opt with IR1 over K3, which is certainly in my mind right now. Anyone had luck with the new electronic system?

Lots of questions, i know. Any response is much appreciated

gracedad

I-129F is always valid for 4 months, the consulate can extend this and does automatically.

Note: K-3 is an OPTIONAL visa type, it was developed at a time when it was taking USCIS a long time to approve I-130, it was for allowing a spouse to enter the USA and WAIT for I-130 approval. Since your I-130 was approved same date as I-129f this defets the reason for the K-3 entry and WAITING for I-130 approval.

If you follow the thread about the new NVC electronic processing of I-130 you can skip the K-3 and get the superior CR-1 spousal visa, and save some $$$.

CR-1 gets green card upun entry to the USA K-3 does NOT and needs to adjust status at a cost of $1010

K-3 costs $131 soon to be $350 at the conuslate.

CR-1 costs $470 at NVC stage. $470 is less than the $131+$1010 paid for K-3 through to Green-Card.

K-3 also cannot work or get SSN until they have Green-card, or EAD. CR-1 can work the moment hey enter the USA.

thanks for replying.

I just called NVC answer service and was able to learn GUZ# for I130 by inputing the USCIS WAC# but was told there is no record for my I129f case.

Curious how do you people learn of NVC in and out info? I suppose this is only relevant to I129f/K visa

thanks for replying.

I just called NVC answer service and was able to learn GUZ# for I130 by inputing the USCIS WAC# but was told there is no record for my I129f case.

Curious how do you people learn of NVC in and out info? I suppose this is only relevant to I129f/K visa

If the I-130/I-129F were approved and arrived together at NVC then they may have closed the K3 visa case. You should call NVC during working hours and ask them directly and request for it to processed if you want to go this route.

Now that you have the GUZ number for the I-130 you can OPTIN for electronic processing. From OPTIN until GUZ interview can be as short as 3 months if you stay on top of everything and have no delays on your end.

thanks for replying.

If the I-130/I-129F were approved and arrived together at NVC then they may have closed the K3 visa case. You should call NVC during working hours and ask them directly and request for it to processed if you want to go this route.

Now that you have the GUZ number for the I-130 you can OPTIN for electronic processing. From OPTIN until GUZ interview can be as short as 3 months if you stay on top of everything and have no delays on your end.

NVC will not close a K-3 case.

The automated phone system does not provide information for K-Visas, only IMMIGRANT visa cases like CR-1 and IR-1. You need to call and TALK to an operator to check status for K-Visas.

So here is the deal you have a choice, since you know the GUZ number for the I-130 (CR-1) case you can proceed with electronic processing and more than likely get interviewed for CR-1 (IMMIGRANT) visa before or within days of a K-3. If you get the NVC processing of CR-1 done and on to consulate while the consulate is handling the paperwork for K-3, the consulate will drop the K-3 in favor of the CR-1. Electronic NVC processing here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

The only advantage that I have seen for K-3 is IF you have a shaky case that may result in a denial (Lots of red flags not addressed when filing petition) holding the I-130 in reserve may give you a second attempt at a visa (Plan - :lol:. I did see one member have a K-3 DENIED and then move the approved I-130 through to an approval of CR-1 visa with the help of a lawyer.

thanks for replying.

The automated phone system does not provide information for K-Visas, only IMMIGRANT visa cases like CR-1 and IR-1. You need to call and TALK to an operator to check status for K-Visas.

So here is the deal you have a choice, since you know the GUZ number for the I-130 (CR-1) case you can proceed with electronic processing and more than likely get interviewed for CR-1 (IMMIGRANT) visa before or within days of a K-3. If you get the NVC processing of CR-1 done and on to consulate while the consulate is handling the paperwork for K-3, the consulate will drop the K-3 in favor of the CR-1. Electronic NVC processing here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

The only advantage that I have seen for K-3 is IF you have a shaky case that may result in a denial (Lots of red flags not addressed when filing petition) holding the I-130 in reserve may give you a second attempt at a visa (Plan - :lol:. I did see one member have a K-3 DENIED and then move the approved I-130 through to an approval of CR-1 visa with the help of a lawyer.

See link to previous topic regarding possible closure of K3.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=541967

How will the Department of State process my K-3 visa petition?

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

The application process explained below will not be applicable and cannot be used.

The NVC will contact the petitioner and you with instructions for processing your IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage

Edited by a2784 (see edit history)

thanks for replying.

See link to previous topic regarding possible closure of K3.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=541967

How will the Department of State process my K-3 visa petition?

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

The application process explained below will not be applicable and cannot be used.

The NVC will contact the petitioner and you with instructions for processing your IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage

Cool, good find!

very helpful information, thanks a lot.

I will try to get a hold of NVC live person today, to confirm.

Looks like you will be doing the CR-1 which you should anyway when both petitions get approved same day.

The CR-1 will save you TIME and $$$$. Also having NVC and Consulate handle both is a waste of their time and resources.