Duck Breast and Chicken Feet Salad

Yes, this is great for unexpected guests. Your Chinese guests will love you, and your American guests will make a quick exit. :Dah:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/life/2010-02/...ent_9513285.htm

So what are the left-overs that need to go to the Tupperware storage containers?

Duck breasts or the chicken foot and/or feet? :huh:

I apologize. After nine years living in Korea, chicken feet are everywhere and are rampant! I mean steamed with spices, BBQ sauce, deep fried like pork rinds. Thank GOD, I married the only Chinese woman, which I'm aware of, which hates chicken feet as passionately in the same way that I do!

She does prefer a 1 1/2" thick New York Strip steak that is open pit/BBQ charbroiled. I'm still working om the potato, chives, and sour cream.

I wonder if I use this thinking process (love of steaks vs hatred for chicken feet) during her Naturalization interview?

Dave

edited for misspelling

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

The cherry tomatoes sound great. Ying and I have been getting these cherub tomatoes at Costco. YUM!

Duck breast sounds ok too. :Dah: We have a new food trailer in Austin called Odd Duck Farm To Trailer. It's been opened by the son of a famous Austin chef and the theme is fresh farm food with an ever-changing menu. First time we went there Ying asked if they had duck meat. Well they had duck eggs and promised to have duck soon. Poor little ducks. :huh:

http://www.oddduckfarmtotrailer.com/

The pork belly slider is amazing!

Don't forget the most important part:

Open the packet of chicken feet and trim off any claws still attached.

Just another example of how badly the translation from english to chinese for the word salad has been made in China. I cannot count the number of times I ordered and looked forward to a good salad from an expensive western food resturant and ended up with some slices of uneatable veg. covered in sesame seed oil. Oh, and don't get me started on Ceasar Dressings I've had.

I guess shortly it will be payback time for my wife as I get to watch her eat Chinese food in the USA and give me the same "WTF is this" look I sometimes give her over here ... :huh: