In Miami now starting the AOS

we arrried yesterday and i got one of my bags from AA a day later, of corse they stole my sun glasses, a big thing of tea, we had planed to celebrate with, some swiming glasses and who knows what else .I pretty sure even if i file a claim I not going to see money I read lots of stories about others saying TSA robbed them and i am sure they or the workers just helped them selves to what ever they wanted from my bag, any way i am over all that and what this AOS to go smooth. I went to court house and we stared the marry cert. go back on monday to get that done.after that can you give me a play by play or a step by step list . I know i dont want to make any mistakes it took 11 months for the fiance visa and yes she wants to work.ASAP..

i added her to my bank also so I will have that also any tips and tricks for US would be so awesome and we will be grate full to all those who help with my K1 i had all kinds of isssues with my work and 3 years in china and didnt have W-2's but we over came that thanks god I filed each of those years I got employment letters ready for this next round ..

I have some stuff on a list i dont want to list it here if any one can trow me a bone of what they best next steps would be ..

I read on another post do the 131 and 765 with my 485 ok looking for ward to read and hear from you guys.. I am up early here hope Miami isnt the longest cause lots of people imagrate here...

HELP eric and Kayla in Mia never keep anything in your suitcasees that you think you may want in the future thats my advise now they just take what they want is a free for all TSA and any airline ..night mare s..peace and love

VJ has extensive guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html

Send: I-485, I-864, I-131 (If you want a travel doc), I-765 (IF you want EAD), ONE G-325A (From person adjusting only), all to the Chicago PO Box indicated in the instructions for form I-485.

A Few notes,

• Send ordinary photo copies of all evidence like I-94 card, marriage cert, etc..
  • You are sending applications for up to three different things, DO NOT SHARE Evidence EACH application needs its own evidence and be able to be separated from the others, So (I-485 + I-864 + G-325A (Copies of docs), Passport Pictures) (I-765 + (Copies of docs), passport Pics) (I-131 + Copy of I-94, Passport pics)
  • I-765 is coded (C )(9 ) based on pending I-485, NOT K-1.
  • Fee for the whole package is $1010
  • Us USPS Priority Mail Certified to send package to a PO BOX

you the man thanks again... brother. I will let you know how it all goes as it goes,how long will it all take ?

So the 485 is nation wide, so being in miami has no disadvantages, I was reading early on that miami was the worst place to file all this stuff due to the massive daily imagrations, maybe that was for something else , I hope thats the case. she wants to work all we have is the passport and the little white card witch now I see is called the I-94. I will try get social after monday at he court house and our civil ceromony.

you the man thanks again... brother. I will let you know how it all goes as it goes,how long will it all take ?

So the 485 is nation wide, so being in miami has no disadvantages, I was reading early on that miami was the worst place to file all this stuff due to the massive daily imagrations, maybe that was for something else , I hope thats the case. she wants to work all we have is the passport and the little white card witch now I see is called the I-94. I will try get social after monday at he court house and our civil ceromony.

Yes I-485 gets filed to Chicago where it will be processed and sent to the NBC, where they will decide if a interview is needed at which time it goes to Miami where it will sit some time depending on how busy that field office is. OR in the case of a K-1 AOS they may decide that an interview may not be needed and send the case to California for adjudication, (The adjudicator in California may decide an interview is needed, and send case to Miami) OR more than likely approve without interview.

Note to work she will need EAD or Green-card. A K-1 is "work auth" only for the 90 days of the I-94, and if employer is picky and reads I-9 employment verification can refuse employment unless can show a PHOTO-ID EAD or Green-card.

This came up in a different thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=544609

how do I get A " EAD"

Note to work she will need EAD or Green-card. A K-1 is "work auth" only for the 90 days of the I-94, and if employer is picky and reads I-9 employment verification can refuse employment unless can show a PHOTO-ID EAD or Green-card.

how do I get A " EAD"

WE GOT MARRIED TODAY

we got married today.

next stop social security office any advise for more steps ?

how do I get A " EAD"

how do I get A " EAD"

WE GOT MARRIED TODAY

we got married today.

next stop social security office any advise for more steps ?

Form I-765 is application for EAD, you file it along with form I-485 when adjusting status, you are basing EAD application on a pending I-485. Line 16 on form I-765 should be coded (C )(9 ) "Based on pending I-485" This EAD is part of the $1010 paid for form I-485.

For some odd reason USCIS also give option to apply for EAD before filing I-485, the code is (A )(6 ) Based on K-1 status, HOWEVER this costs $340 or so, EXTRA, and EXPIRES 90 days after entry to the USA, a waste of $$$ since in most cases the I-765 cannot be approved BEFORE I-94 EXPIRES.

Form I-765 is application for EAD, you file it along with form I-485 when adjusting status, you are basing EAD application on a pending I-485. Line 16 on form I-765 should be coded (C )(9 ) "Based on pending I-485" This EAD is part of the $1010 paid for form I-485.

For some odd reason USCIS also give option to apply for EAD before filing I-485, the code is (A )(6 ) Based on K-1 status, HOWEVER this costs $340 or so, EXTRA, and EXPIRES 90 days after entry to the USA, a waste of $$$ since in most cases the I-765 cannot be approved BEFORE I-94 EXPIRES.

Your the man again !

if your ever in the Miami area looks us up..

I will go government center tommorw and turn in our wedding stuff get some copies and then social security maybe try to get the state id with her new name. and start filling in the 485 and other stuff to go with it.

again thanks for all the help.. peace and love Eric and kayla

If you file the the I-765 along with the I-485 there is no extra fee for the EAD.

Special Instructions :

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.

Processing times are usually about 3 months. Some members get an AOS interview faster but it doesn't cost anything extra.