any US citizens living in China?

Once you get P2, it means the petition is approved and it goes to Guangzhou.

A lot of us never receive the P2 in the mail. This is what I was referring to in my previous post. I think I called it "NOA"

Don't want you to get confused.

EDIT:

We emailed Beijing concerning this and they sent us a reply confirming that our case was approved and sent to Guangzhou.

While there the man said they would update me via mail. I laughed and said that won't work! He then suggested I give them my email for notification.

Once you get P2, it means the petition is approved and it goes to Guangzhou.

A lot of us never receive the P2 in the mail. This is what I was referring to in my previous post. I think I called it "NOA"

Don't want you to get confused.

EDIT:

We emailed Beijing concerning this and they sent us a reply confirming that our case was approved and sent to Guangzhou.

While there the man said they would update me via mail. I laughed and said that won't work! He then suggested I give them my email for notification.

and make sure they have her cell phone number. Later, GUZ is known to call at times.

and make sure they have her cell phone number. Later, GUZ is known to call at times.

They did with us.

We DCFed in 2008. Things are faster now than they were at that time; you will probably finish a few months faster than we did. I am sure you will not have any problems. Feel free to PM me if there are any questions I can help you answer!

I am a US citizen living in Beijing with my wife. I just submitted my I-130. I will not be filing a K-3.

Can someone fill me in on what comes next. I get confused on the timeline because everyone else is filing more paperwork than me.

Rodger

Very true if you file I-130 to the consulate of embassy in China K-3 is NOT and option. K-3 is a USCIS Stateside option.

DCF filing I-130 in China is FAR faster that filing I-130 to USCIS in the USA, and is FAR faster than a K-3.

Typically DCF does not result in a P2, it directly results in P3. More: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39219

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

We DCFed in 2008. Things are faster now than they were at that time; you will probably finish a few months faster than we did. I am sure you will not have any problems. Feel free to PM me if there are any questions I can help you answer!

Are you still in China?

Are you still in China?

Not anymore, I have been in the US with my hubby since July 2008. :huh: