will it be difficult ?

my boyfriend, who is an american guy, plans to visit me in June. he hasnt been out to other country. it is the first time for him to visit china, and first time to go abroad. will it be difficult for him to visit china? what should he do for this first trip to china?

1. You will need to take care of him (assuming he doesn't speak Chinese), which he will love :D

2. Remind him not to drink water out of the tap; if he's never been out of the US, he might not think about that. :ph34r:

3. Even minding #2 above, he still might have some, um, stomach problems, depending on where you eat and how they handle the food. Others on here will have tips for this; my last time over I ate one Pepto-Bismol little chewy tab thing every day and didn't have any issues (I had had issues before).

4. Don't tell him what it is he just ate until he's finished. ;) Americans eat from a more limited menu than Chinese do, and we aren't used to seeing whatever animal we're eating staring at us as we do it...

5. Make sure, if you're in a city, you take care of him when you guys are in traffic (walking across the street, riding bikes, etc) -- I'll bet he's seen nothing like what he'll see, and he might just think it's safe to cross the road when it's not (been there, done that!)

6. Have a WONDERFUL time! :angry:

I'm sure others will add valuable advice.