OTC medicines

My wife uses Marvelon birth control pills which she buys OTC (with an OTC label on the packaging) here in China. She has bought a years worth of pills (12 or 13 boxes) to take with her to America. It is my understanding that birth control pills are always given by prescription in America. If this is true, will we have any problems taking them across the border?

I have searched for this in the archives. If someone has any advice or knows of a thread that can help me out, I'd appreciate a referral.

This will be my wife's first visit to the States since receiving her IR-1 entry visa.

EDIT:

Yes, my wife said it was ok that I post this.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

My wife uses Marvelon birth control pills which she buys OTC (with an OTC label on the packaging) here in China. She has bought a years worth of pills (12 or 13 boxes) to take with her to America. It is my understanding that birth control pills are always given by prescription in America. If this is true, will we have any problems taking them across the border?

I have searched for this in the archives. If someone has any advice or knows of a thread that can help me out, I'd appreciate a referral.

This will be my wife's first visit to the States since receiving her IR-1 entry visa.

EDIT:

Yes, my wife said it was ok that I post this.

We've never had a problem taking medication either upon entry to China or the US. Always have several with us.